Customer reviews

Made By Me: A Stitch-by-Stitch Guide to Knitting, Sewing and Embroidery
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 March 2010
Father Christmas gave this to my daughter (age 9). Lovely little simple sewing and knitting projects to complete on a raining afternoon. Really pretty objects that inspire girls (though my son age 6 is clamouring to get involved). I've made some for adults girls as well as buying them for my daughter's friends birthdays!
on 21 June 2009
I purchased this book as a present for my daughter's 7th birthday.

The book is delightful, with a wide selection of projects to embroider, sew and knit. The instructions are clear, easy to follow and quite inspiring.

If you would like to introduce your child to the joys of crafting then this book is for you. I would have absolutely loved to have owned this as a child, and am sure that my daughter will be refering to it for years to come.
on 14 October 2009
This book takes an absolute beginner through the process of making things yourself - sewing and knitting. Simple clear instructions, good diagrams and fantastic inspirational photos of finished products. It's hard to know what to make first - and great for keeping traditional sewing skills alive!
on 1 August 2011
I bought this for my niece who was eager to learn how to knit & sew. However it did not go down very well because there are photographs of children in it who look about 7 years old. So I have kept it for myself, I am beyond worrying about such matters! I think it is a very good instructional tool for children wanting to learn how to sew. I know some adults who would love some of the projects in this book too! There are some good ideas for gifts to sell at craft stalls, which all ages could be involved in making. But if it is for a gift, please consider the age of the child, around 7 years old would be ideal in my opinion.
on 14 September 2010
I helped my 9 year old daughter buy this online, and even though she doesnt speak english yet (we're from Copenhagen) she has already produced several cute things on her own. The layout is lovely and inspirational, and the step by step illustrations are easy to follow.
on 28 January 2017
Rubbish book
on 12 November 2010
This book is full of great ideas and not just for the little ones. It is easy to follow and great for beginners.
on 21 November 2010
This book is beautiful! I ordered it for my nine year old daughter and must say I took a long while myself taking in the gorgeous photos of all things cute and decadent. I loved the felt cupcakes and the flower barrettes. Every page has a fun project. This isn't one of those books where you flick through and fine two or three ideas you'd like to try. Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2011
This book is totally aimed at the kid market - simple projects for mum's to make with their kids not for serious crafters. Nice clear instructions and lots of great pictures and some very cute ideas.
on 8 June 2011
I bought this book because I was interested in making crafts. Most of the projects in this book don't need a sewing machine. You can sew them by hand. I've made a few projects for my 4 year old daughter. She loved them. If you want more challenging projects, then this book is NOT for you. Otherwise, it's a lovely book. Good for beginners.