Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

It's a good book full of useful instruction, but it's really a sewing machine book. Only six pages on hand sewing and I had to buy yet another book to learn handsewing. That said, it covers everything to do with sewing machines, from basic stitches to putting in zips, darts and pleats and projects which become more challenging as you go along. It also covers fabric choice and care, as well as thread, and all the sewing accessories you'll need. Good for learning to use a sewing machine, but disappointing if you're hoping to learn hand sewing.
on 11 August 2016
I have had this book for some time and I find the detail in the instructions clear and simple to understand. I don't know why some have given it only a couple of stars. This book covers almost every technique a home sewer needs. I know it has helped me through my university course, thanks to a tutors recommendation. I also have the authors other book dressmaking which I would also give 5 stars to .
on 9 April 2017
This book is just what I wanted. Theres everything I need to know and more about sewing. I also purchased it "used". Very happy with the condition and I shall use it for years to come.
Angel :)
on 8 April 2017
My book arrived swiftly and I would swear that it was a brand new copy. Great value at 1p plus p&p.
The book has been on my shopping list for ages and doesn't disappoint. Very informative and helpful across a wide range of sewing
on 25 January 2016
Wonderful book that takes you through all the basics in good and clear detail making it easy to follow
. Good choice of projects so something for everyone
on 2 August 2017
Really useful reference book
on 25 May 2017
Excellent references
on 2 November 2015
Already had this book but it was accidently put in the charity pile when we moved house, hence the reason for buying.
on 15 May 2017