Customer reviews

on 8 June 2013
I like the design of this product, but find the inclusion of the author's recipes very out of place and irritating. When my son is looking at his history in 20 years, does he really want to read about baby puree recipes?? Also would have been nice to have more memento pockets and some free notes pages.
on 13 July 2016
This is a lovely book. I bought 2 of them 7 years ago for my twins and then bought another recently for our newest addition. The recipes are a bit random and naff but the contents itself good. Spaces for photos and nice prompts for family tree, first teeth etc. Nice for either boy or girl. Would recommend.
on 1 March 2014
Great book and whit lot inside,come very fast and for the way it is is deserve far more money.Thanks you
on 26 July 2017
great my grandaughter loved it
on 3 March 2017
I reccomand
on 12 July 2011
Obviously I knew it was an Annabel Karmel brand before I bought the book but I was totally unprepared for the signed quotes from Annabel on every page! It's not my thing at all, really in your face and totally unsubtle which is rather a shame as the content otherwise isn't too bad. It doesn't have as much in it as the Winnie the pooh baby book or the guess how much I love you baby book both of which give some space for beyond the first year and have pages for all the major events. This book has a section for one major event (christening or first christmas but not both).
I don't want to remember my baby via Annabel Karmel but would feel too embarassed to give it to a friend so it's going to a charity shop...
22 Comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2011
Great journal which includes pages for so many different things: a family tree, birth announcement card, 'what was happening the year born (films, tv, chart music, news headlines etc),teeth chart, all 'firsts', then pages for each month upto 1year. I highly reccommend this as others I looked at only included some of these pages this seemed to be the only one that had it all.
Only drawback is that the cover looks more like a normal book, so not as pretty but content makes up for it.
on 13 May 2011
When i was pregnant i looked at a lot of these record books, but all of them seemed a bit false, if that's the right word!! When i looked at this one, i liked how it was so simple and the year is nicely broken down throughout the book. Plenty of places for pictures!! One thing i didn't realise when i bought it is when you get later on in the book and you are weaning, there are receipes for different stages, which i thought was handy. Has a lovely soft cover too. Basically its a great little book and would be an ideal gift for anyone you know who is expecting!!
on 25 April 2010
This is definitely the best of the baby record books I have bought for new parents over the last 20 years. It is attractively laid out, is colourful and inviting to look through. I particularly liked the additional feature of having a page for each month where the parent can describe the baby's development during that month, and any significant events, rather than just filling in spaces in a list or answering questions. This makes for a more individualistic style and will be likely to give the child more of a sense of her/his parent/s' early bond with her/him.
on 3 June 2011
What a wonderful book this is. Having originally purchased a book by a different author then found it was woefully inadequate with the content you could enter, this was an ideal choice for everything I want.

As you would expect it covers parents, family tree, birth annoucements, teeth chart, movement, monthly activities and milestones. However the exta bits it has are what makes it special. Sections like "My first few days" and "About my world" and "Special occasions" (which caters for christening or naming day, finally!) are super. As you would expect with Annabel Karmel, there are even a few receipes to try in the 'First tastes' section :) There are lots of spaces for photos of every occasion so no need to miss anything.

I particularly like some of the headings which you don't see in other books, examples are "the things i do with my food" (as we all know babies don't often just eat it!), "funny noises I make", "funny things I do", "my best noises", "cute things I do", "I first moved to a big cot", etc.

If you are looking for a lovely, comprehensive little hardback book of your child's first year, I would highly recommend this one.