on 9 September 2014
Invaluable, sensible, advice. I think all my questions as my first child was growing up from birth to toddler were answered. No book can fully take the place of a doctor but common issues are covered here very well and, living in Africa where getting to a doctor requires a full day, this book gave us some knowledge and plenty of peace of mind. I read the first third of the book prior to birth and that stood me in good stead for early issues and questions, e.g. croup and one febrile seizure, both of which I had read about and so had no untoward concerns when they happened. I knew what was going on and what to do. I have two gorgeous happy healthy children and, like me, there must be thousands of others around the world who owe some level of thanks to this lady for that. Before choosing this one I had reviewed several others. I also bought several others, but this is "the one".
on 31 October 2011
This book is really comprehensive for new parents. It is easy to read and dip in and out of because of the layout inside, each page is broken into subheadings with bulletpoints etc. For this reason it is brilliant as a quick reference guide, which, lets face it, with a new baby is what you need. That said, it is probably more useful to read before you have a baby. I have referred to it a few times since having my baby but used it mostly before he was born. I knew nothing about babies and equipment when I was pregnant so this was a great fool proof book to start off with. The babies in the book are extremely cute too!
on 15 September 2017
Although a very good book if you agree with the philosophy I prefer my attachment parenting books.
on 29 September 2014
Excellent practical guide. I bought it for my son as a first time Dad in waiting and he said he thought it was a very sensible book and confirmed that you do not need to spend a fortune on loads of expensive kit to feed, clean and generally look after a baby. Common sense always prevails.
on 24 March 2018
An excellent reference book for the early years of a child's life.
on 25 July 2013
I had this book when I had my children 30 years ago and it was my bible. Bought it for my eldest whose first baby is due in October as felt it would be of benefit to her and much as mine was to me. Still have my copy but obviously over the years things would have changed. It covers everything possible, including pages to record your children's illnesses. Can't recommend highly enough.
on 31 December 2017
Condition was not ‘very good’ as described, in fact there were signs of mould on the corners of the pages.... However, I did only pay 1p, so it would be unfair not to mention this!
on 14 February 2011
A very well written book, full of information and advice. Which has so far been very useful. We look forward to reading the next half of the book during our new borns next few months.

Recommended to all new parents!
on 24 December 2015
Bought as a gift for someone a couple of years ago when she was due to have her first child. She has said on numerous occasions what a useful and informative guide it has been, preferring to refer to it for advice over going online. Based on her rave reviews of the book I have bought it again to give as a gift.
on 20 September 2015
My daughter in law loved this book. Finds it very informative in a non patronising way.