on 3 March 2015
Hugely disappointed that this version doesn't have the diary where, on the left, you see what should be happening and you can write on the right hand side, which was the whole point of my buying this book as it had been so useful when I was expecting and I wanted my daughter to enjoy this facility.
on 23 June 2013
I really liked having this for back up for all the questions you want to ask at 2am. As a first time mum it was the safety net I think we all benefit from in the very early days. Lots of sensible advice in there and practical pictures for when you're so tired you've forgotten how to read.
on 18 September 2011
I first got this book when I fell pregnant three years ago and it was so good that when my best mate told me she was trying I jumped straight on the computer and ordered one for her. Excellent book. If you only buy one baby book, buy this one.
on 5 May 2009
I am currently trying to conceive and this book has been most helpful. It includes lots of useful information on conception, pregnancy and birth, with specific chapters on many issues that other pregnancy books do not really tend to focus on, such as single parenthood, home births, infertility and emotional problems during pregnancy. Obviously these will not necessarily be relevant to everyone, but it's good to have a reference book that covers everything - just in case. The book is easy to understand and includes many pictures and illustrations that make it even easier to understand what is being talked about. Unlike many other pregnancy books, it is not boring at all! In my opinion, this book is a "must" for anyone who is pregnant or trying to conceive.
on 2 January 2014
Very informative and l liked the way it goes through from month to month detailing what is happening to you and your body. It also touches on the problems that could be encountered which is really important. Easy to read and follow!
on 28 January 2013
I bought this 5 years ago whilst I was pregnant with my first and loved it. So I bought it for my sister!! I'm now pregnant with my third and I still love reading through it.
on 6 June 2012
Very good, I thought! First time mum looking for info, seems to include all you want to know. I will now be buying the book that follows this one for more useful info!
on 30 January 2013
i read this book all through pregnancy and i liked it. i had time to read up on issues and mentally prepare in case any of the issues affected me. glad i got it.
on 19 June 2016
I bought this for my daughter and if it is as good as the one I had when I had her. It will cover everything in good detail. The good and the not so good.
on 19 August 2013
Well written, covering every aspect of pregnancy and childbirth. An excellent companion to the 'complete baby and childcare' book by the same author.