on 18 November 2015
This really is the complete guide and I'm so pleased I bought it. It really has been my go to book so far in my pregnancy and there's also a very good section for the dads so even my husband has found it useful. The book is well laid out, easy to read and visual. I also feel it gives you impartial advice so you can make your own mind up about how you want to manage things from your labour to what pram to buy. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is trying to conceive or is pregnant. It's probably been the best purchase of my pregnancy so far!
on 29 September 2011
This book is comprehensive and well-presented. Attention is paid to all questions that we had and was interesting to just read even without specific questions in mind. Not only attention to the normal development process, but good attention to nutrition, possible problems, and everything else that you can think of. Possibly lacking a little in specific exercises to keep fit during pregnancy (rather than to prepare for childbirth), but there are specialist books for this. This would be the only book that most people would need.
on 6 June 2009
Very good book.Excellent pictures and text covering all aspect of pregnancy. My only problem with this book is that is covers 4 week blocks and not week to week,.Which i think would be better as their is a lot goes on in each week.

Thanks again

Jason Macaulay
VINE VOICEon 12 June 2015
I bought this book as a second hand version. Even for the full price though I would say this is a bargain. It covers so much from trying for a baby to actually having the baby. It's educational without being too over the top and you and your partner could read it. Too many books of these types are patronising and you can almost hear the narrator put on that silly baby voice. This book is perfect for anyone who just wants the facts without endless silly frills!
on 20 April 2016
I was given this book for my first pregnancy and it sat either on the work top or my bedside table throughout those nine months and the second time around too. As we all know, no two pregnancies are the same! The book has, of course been updated since then (nearly 30 years ago) but it is still as helpful and reassuring as it was then. I bought it this time for a school friend of my daughters' who is delighted with it.it and whenever something Thanks Miriam!
on 26 July 2016
If you slept through biology in school and haven't absorbed a thing about pregnancy or parenting since then you might find this useful. I personally found it rather basic and obvious. A lot of opinions are presented as fact and there is a very establishmenty bias to the whole thing. And there are some weirdly sexist parts to it. I think there are better books out there.
on 6 October 2015
This is a great book and a must have when you are pregnant. it gives you step by step information on what to expect on a weekly basis and how your baby is developing on a step to step basis. its got absolutely everything in it. do not rely on the internet as it can be quite scary and dangerous to rely on some websites that are uploaded by non medical professionals.
on 26 April 2013
This book was described as very good quality and when it arrived it had a page torn out, food and drink stains on the pages inside and stains on the front of the book. I am disappointed with the quality as it did not fit the description of what i thought i would be receiving and would not be purchasing from this seller again. The book itself is good.
on 18 May 2009
I found this book very informative, once I'd got over the fact that Dr Stoppard starts with chapters on genetic diseases and other similar problems - not the most positive or reassuring thing to read about when considering getting pregnant. Obviously they're useful to know about but not in the first chapters. I also found her slightly patronsing. But, as I said, it's full of useful, factual information.
on 21 October 2010
A friend recommended this book to us and we weren't disappointed. The information is set out in different sections making it really easy to use and breaks down the different stages of pregnancy to let you know what's happening to both baby and you. There's also a section for Dads, and after the birth, which we'll get a lot of use out of.