Customer reviews

Grow It, Eat It
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 March 2017
Engaging, user-friendly, easy to follow guidelines and fun. Beautifully presented, appealing to the child in all of us!
on 23 July 2017
excellent condition and a good book for kids to start with when learning about gardening
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 April 2009
This book has been invaluable to us - so simple and straightforward. My 3 year old has become obsessed with gardening this spring and my husband refers to this book a lot as he's been growing the plants with our daughter. The sunflowers are tremendous and we grew them from seed! The photos in this book are really useful for ideas, hints and creative ways to display the plants in the garden. We bought some toy storage colourful tubs and used them like in the book to display strawberry plants, tomato plants and marigolds. I love these DK books anyway. I've always found them to be most useful. The recipes are a bonus in this book because they can show a child from the beginning to the end result. For now my kitchen window remains like the Eden project until my husband decides to buy a greenhouse.
on 1 March 2009
This book is absolutely fantastic! So good that I have bought another copy for friend's daughters birthday. Every step of the process has a picture with a really good description of what you need to do.

Don't worry if you are not greenfingered yourself, it's written at a level that assumes no previous knowledge .... I have learnt quite a bit myself!!!!
on 8 May 2009
I am a Reception teacher. The recipes in here are great as they can easily be linked to our books and topics, especially food and growth and the old classics like Jack and the Beanstalk. All the recipes are healthy and balaced yet easy. Some have quite a lot of ingredients but if you give a little thought you can cut some out. Brilliant resource and I've made a few at home too though don't have kids.
on 24 January 2010
Bought this as a joint present for my husband and daughter when we got our allotment.

As with all DK books, great layout and photos with just the right amount of text.

A good balance between the planting and the eating with useful recipes that you really would try at home.
on 30 October 2014
A superb book with loads of wonderful activities when working with children.
on 29 November 2013
You'll just love this book. Even though it's written for children i read it over and over. Of course everythings simply set out - i'm not the best gardener so i like this, it gives me the confidence to try growing different things. Top seller as well with fast delivery.
on 25 July 2013
I bought this for my 9 year old next door neighbour who has just got hooked on gardening. It has excellent hints and tips for growing a range of crops together with how to cook with them too. Well illustrated and ideal to get youngsters underway.
on 2 August 2013
Iam a novice growing veg and although this is for children, it was an uncomplicated way that wasn't too daunting for me to follow and iam growing veg in my garden!