Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 May 2006
A lovely book with plenty of nice illustrations. I bought this for my 4 month old baby (and to help me remember). My baby loves the music. The only negative I think for such a young baby is that at the being of each page the illustrator has given a little bit of historical background to the rhyme which is interesting for the parent perhaps the first time but by the fifth time you just want to fast forward to play the songs to your baby. I'm sure she'll appreciate the extra information when she's older and following the book along with the CD.
on 4 August 2010
I was really disappointed with this book and CD. I wanted a book that my grandaughter could look at and listen to at the same time because she really loves singing. Not only is there an introduction on each page that is boring for an adult, let alone a 2 year-old, but I would say the majority of the rhymes are spoken and not sung. Many of these rhymes could have beeen sung; I remember them from when I was a child. Also, the rhymes that are sung, are quite fast and only sung once so they are difficult for really little ones to sing along to and they seem to finish no sooner than they start. You can't even get avoid the boring introduction because it is part of the track for that speific page. Honestly, I don't know what the author and editor were thinking. Do they have any concept of hwhat a toddler enjoys?
on 27 August 2009
This is a nice book with good illustrations and lots of classic nursery rhymes. Unfortunately the CD is not quite so good. It would have been much improved by putting all the rhymes to music and without the monotonous introductions by the author.
on 8 January 2013
I read all the reviews before purchasing this item and was a little worried we wouldn't like the cd. I am a big fan of Debi Gliori so decided to risk it anyway! I am so glad I did - this is a brilliant set. My little one is only 13 months old but she loves books & she loves singing! It's made our bedtime routine even more fun as we snuggle up with the book & listen to the cd while looking at all the lovely pictures. I can see how some people would find the extra narrative a little annoying but I really enjoy it. It is not a cd I would want to listen to all day but I think it is a lovely item to share some snuggle time together with. The book is beautifully illustrated & all the nursery rhymes on the cd are enjoyable. This is a book set I would definitely recommend :)
on 16 September 2010
We bought this book for our 2 year old and we all love it. The drawings are lovely and the music is very musically done in the sense that grown ups can bear to listen to it too. I am not so keep on the male reading aloud, hence only the 4 stars, but the cd is generally very peaceful and pleasant to listen to.
on 3 December 2012
Very good book, I got it to help remind me how they went. For me I probably should have spent more and got a bigger book of rhymes, although overall this is a good book.
on 11 November 2013
Well set out with really nice illustrations. The CD is a bonus. My granddaughter loves it and it is suitable for all young children.
on 10 February 2013
I bought this for my niece for her birthday,
It's great having the CD as well as the book, it has all the well known nursery rhymes in and has kept her entertained for hours.
on 14 December 2014
the grand daughter has not stopped singing
on 18 September 2015
Nursery rhymes shorter than I anticipated