Customer reviews

on 28 July 2017
excellent service, book exactly as described, packaged very well, would recommend and definitely use again!
on 19 July 2017
Good Illustrations and explanation of Yoga poses - keep referring back to it - Recommended
on 22 August 2017
Really good book, learning and clear and concise
on 25 July 2017
Great! Thank you!
on 21 July 2017
Very good easy to follow
on 2 January 2010
I have been doing yoga with a good teacher for several years, but wanted a book to help me practice on my own. I found this book very helpful and the introduction to yoga was very interesting and informative. The poses are well illustrated and explained. I think that this is a very good book for anyone who is interested in Iyengar Yoga to help to learn about yoga and the poses.
on 23 November 2010
Having only begun yoga in my 49th year I was a little nervous about all those stretches and twists. I am not a flexible person physically, but this little book has given, and is still giving me, the confidence to press on in my lessons and to believe that even I can achieve a measure of 'alignment'. There is something calming and encouraging about the way BKS Iyengar writes. Together with the lessons I can begin to understand where all the parts fit into the whole. The explanations are simple to comprehend and although those long words may not remain in my memory I will remember the most important parts of the lexicon in order to internalise the message of this book. Yoga has truely energised me both physically and mentally and I would recommend this book to all beginners.
on 11 August 2006
The material in this book is very good. Text is clear and pictures are excellent. However there is no new material here. It is the first three chapters of BKS Iyengar Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health reprinted in in a convenient smaller format. The information on the use of props and yoga for ailments are left out
on 12 October 2010
Amazing book! Well worth it if you can't wait to learn new stuff between classes. Really clear diagrams and instructions, just enough info. Bargain!
on 12 December 2012
When i got this book, i was dissappointed! ive done yoga a lot in my twenties. Then in my fifties, thought i would try again at home. i thought the best start for beginers would be "salute to the sun" to warm up.... this book takes straight into asanas, with no warm up postures. however the illustrations are good, and the benefits of yoga for the mind and body are excellent!