Customer reviews

on 4 August 2016
My Nephew is the most intelligent 6 year old going so i bought him this as he just loves learning new facts and information. He loves this book and recites his new found knowledge constantly. A must have book for those clever young minds.
on 7 April 2017
the children who the book is intended for love it, my father who made the gift thought it was fabulous and would have liked a book like this when he was young.
on 30 April 2013
This book is a wonderful book for the curious child or adult that is interested in how things work.

It may mean they are just quicker at taking things apart that you don't want dismantled though.

Highly recommended, I enjoyed it
on 19 October 2014
I bought this for my niece, she is a very curious soul and while most of this may be above her age range right now, if she has any questions she can find it in here and her parents help her out!
on 7 January 2015
Many parents will be looking at this remembering when they had the same as a child, the brilliant thing about this book is how they update it every so often and I can confirm it is just as good as when you remember it. Great illustrations too, I would suggest a min age of 6.
on 29 July 2017
Classic book. Brilliant for kids and adults. So well done
on 3 February 2016
It's a book and works like a book. It tells you how things work, but they aren't necessarily the things you would think & in a slightly odd way. My son kept asking me why are there mammoths on the front; I haven't worked out why. It is typical DK.
on 5 December 2013
A lovely book, just what would expect from Dorling Kindersley. They never let you down. Excellent for young people learning about engineering.
on 23 December 2013
Amazing book, teaches so much and has lovely illustrations. I had one when I was about 10 and have been delighted to give this one to my nephew as he gets older.
on 10 May 2015
Wonderful book; it should be in every primary school library!