on 17 February 2002
If you are even vaguely interested in nature, prehistoric or otherwise, for gods sake buy this book for yourself and for others. This is an up to date, lavishly illustrated book for all ages and more than wets your appetite. Prehistoric theories are marching forward all the time in this age of discovery and there are many, now obsolete texts still doing the rounds.
From a student of Palaeobiology & Evolution.
on 18 December 2001
This book is the best Deinosaur book I ever read. Using state of the art computer generated images to show deinosaurs and other extinct creatures in all their glory. The information is very up to date;it even includes the likes of Giganotosaurus,carcharadontosaurus and the therinzinosaurs plus old favourites like t-rex and deinonychus! No deinosaur fan should be without this.
on 27 June 2016
My sons favourite book. bit much detail for him but he still enjoys looking through it.
Not your usual Dino book in its setup - more "evolutionary" content than usual so focus is not dinosaur orientated, though obviously they are a large part of it. More is dedicated to Trilobites, Sea scorpians and first amphibians and the like (denovian period? and such) than usual.

If anything a good companion to his collection of dino books in developing his understanding of where they came from and I'm sure it is one that will be revisited more thoroughly when he is older.
on 6 November 2015
It is not the best nor the most up-to-date, but considerig its price as used it was worth many times that. Good for kids, good for grown-ups without much previous knowledge of the matter. For a deeper reading there are the likes of the latest edition of "The Complete Dinosaur" by M. K. Brett-Surman, but this one I found excellent for starters. Very nice illustrations. Browsing it, my 8-years-old daughter started to ask translation and meaning of some english words, a feat that not even an attempt to read Harry Potter did previously accomplish.
As ever with used books, conditions may vary; I'd like to thank the seller, for mine was in the promised condition, or even a tad better.
on 28 December 2012
My Grandson looked through this book at the school library and loved it, he was unable to borrow it as it was held as a reference book. I suggested that he look for the ISBN number as there are just soooo many Dinosaur books around. What a surprise he had on Christmas morning !! I must agree with him, this book carries a lot more information than others. My Grandson particularly likes the size comparision between dinosaurs and man.
on 1 June 2015
Most comprehensive encyclopedia I have ever read will be a great reference for my grandson in years to come
on 15 October 2014
Have just received this book, it is for my grandson who has long admired my own copy. So I tried to get him one of his own. I am absolutely delighted with the condition and the cost of the book. Thankyou so much my grandson is going to be thrilled to find it at the bottom of his bed on Christmas Day.
on 22 August 2016
Good price, quick delivery. Book good quality copy.
on 3 November 2015
Good quality for the price. Happy with this.
on 12 April 2016
in depth/detailed book well worth the money