Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 March 2003
This wonderful little book teaches reading and geography in a fun and captivating way. I still remember going around the world with Ant and Bee thirty years ago, in search of Bee's lost umbrella. Now my daughter is enjoying the same trip. She asked me to read the book to her again and again, until finally she could she read it to herself. An exceptional, highly original children's book.
on 3 March 2000
This book is the best I've ever read and I'm 20! I am going to get it now incase it goes out of print one day. We had a copy but mum got rid of it and now I've searched on Amazon and have found it I am elated! I shall pass it down to future generations!
on 26 February 2000
These lovely books are now teaching my 5 year old daughter to read - please please do not let them go out of print. They are amongest the few remaining old fashioned childrens books left that children enjoy learning from.
on 10 January 2014
A lovely around the world trip with the endearing characters Ant and Bee! A good way to introduce young children to all parts of the world and how different each continent can be. Another fun story when learning to read. Highly recommended for reading together and discussing.
on 10 August 1999
I loved these books as a child. The way it is written in alphabetical order is great. It has a naivety about it which is charming. I especially like their trip to Spain.
on 26 February 2013
I adored these books about Ant and Bee when young and have brought all my 4 children up on them but only NOW on Amazon have I found the rest of the set having only had 3 of mine now nearly 4o years old - what a treasure trove.
on 1 June 2014
The whole series is a must for bed-time reading out loud. The characters come alive and one cheers them on. My grandchildren-
14 of them- were introduced to Angela Banner by a British nanny; every time she came back to the states from England, she would bring another book. My books are in tatters; I am trying to replace the ones in worst condition first so my great grandchildren
will have them to love.
on 25 June 2014
I used to read these as a child and loved them. They really appeal to my 5yo son, who isn't much of a bookworm.
on 18 November 2007
This was my favourite, ever, book when I was a child and I read and read and read it, to the point that my hard back edition is in tatters now! It is an incredibly charming, funny and educational tale and I loved learning about the different cultures of the world as Bee chased his umbrella all over the world. It was also just lovely that Ant cared so much to think so hard about where the umbrella could be because Bee was so sad. Just so cute and wonderful. Very few books these days touch this.
Rachel
on 10 January 2014
Very happy to see these again. We learnt to read with them. The red high lighted words are very helpful. Charming little books & as loved by our children as we loved them ourselves. Timeless.