on 15 June 2016
Firstly the postage was quick and the books were packaged well. Plus a great price so 5* there. Next the series its self. I own this series already on my kindle, I love it so much I had to own a paper copy that is taking pride of place on my book shelf. It's an amazing series full of weird and amazing things. It has danger, suspense, romance in a weird kind of way. Plus a few brilliant bad guys. The way Michael Grant has written this is amazing. I wish this series had more of a following just so I could talk about it more.
on 2 May 2016
Brilliant series based on the idea that adults in the Perdido Beach region have vanished, with a look at some of the possible consequences. Told from various viewpoints but largely centred around the main character, Sam. Good suspense and build-up.

Eldest really enjoying these books and discussing many of the issues raised, including societal roles and responsibilities.

Very highly recommend for 12+ year olds.
on 26 January 2017
Ordered these for my 12 year old son for Christmas. He's an avid reader and finished them all in under 10 days. He says they're brilliant and loved them. Highly recommended.
on 28 July 2013
The concept of Gone is good and there were a couple of things that you discovered as a reader that I thought would never be revealed, which I liked. The book was somewhat average in a lot of respects - the 'smart girl' who actually comes across as having average intelligence and the main boy who's 'good' but is wimpy at times. One character is particular seemed useless but I think that's a positive part of the novel because it reflects the reality that these are children at he end of the day and sometimes you can't perform a difficult task. There's tension and the plot's pacing is good. I think some plot devices for saving characters were simple and safe choices. (You'll read about Lana near the start). I think the book has a limited market, even though a whole age range has read it. I think it's honed in on a small age group and tried to make a likeable main character which works as a formula. I think a couple of things are predictable, how Sam and Astrid form a romance. Once I finished reading, I didn't feel compelled to buy the next one.
on 21 June 2017
I picked up "Plague" in a charity shop not knowing that it was the middle book of a series. Loved it so had to buy the rest of the series with "Gone" being the first one. It lived up to expectations.
This book is amazing I loved it. It has many cool twists you should definitely get this book it's worth your while.
on 18 January 2015
Really pleased with this set, all the books matched and are lovely, excellent fast service, strongly recommend
on 12 February 2017
Really pleased with the quality and communication with this purchase. My 11 and 14 year olds are loving the books.
on 26 January 2017
A great many thanks from my grandson for these books. "Brilliant, grandma!", is what he said.
on 29 January 2017
Super quick delivery! I'm on the last book already. A Thrilling and addictive read.