Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 January 2010
My 6 year old daughter and I are big fans of Dorothy Edwards "My naughty little sister books". They are evocative and charmingly written stories, and a joy to read, she is finding that she can read them too now. I bought this one thinking that we would be enjoying even more stories (as the book is entitled "More Naughty Sister Stories") only to discover that only three of them are new to us. We are not too disappointed as we love the books so much.
If you are buying the stories for the first time just look out for; "My naughty little sister", "My naughty little sister and bad harry", "my naughty little sister's friends" and "when my naughty little sister was good." Just realise that if you do buy "More naughty little sister stories" that you are only buying three extra stories!
on 10 May 2013
Its like watching the Waltons, these are great wholesome stories without anything really naughty actually happening but they are told in such a child like fashion that they seem so mischievious that you are often in suspense to see what is going to happen next.

My 7year old loves these stories, we have read a 1961 copy handed down to us by some older cousins of mine, and we bought this copy as we enjoyed that old copy so much.
on 7 April 2015
A useful book for a girl of about six years old who will soon have a baby
sister and the attendant sibling rivalry. It contains a series of stories about a new arrival to the family, explaining when the baby 'can't help it' and is very forgiving. Meaning well, as for example when she is read a story about a poor, hungry boy and she puts some bread inside a treasured story book, next to the boy's picture, the little girl, though 'naughty' is a redeemable character. People in the community who help other people are brought into the book.

The family is very middle—class, have a woman who cleans daily, a father who goes to work and a mother who bakes cakes all day, making it sexist and irrelevant to most children. It would be good if somebody could update these stories. (They were first published in 1970)
on 16 January 2010
I can't claim to have read the book myself but our own children (aged 7 and 8) already had this book and thought it was great, hence I bought another copy to give as a birthday present to one of their friends. The fact that the stories are about 50 years old only seems to add to the childrens enjoyment of this book.
on 28 January 2016
My daughter loves these. Probably because she identifies with the character...and can read the books herself. She's 7. A must for any little girl who likes a bit of scandal!!
on 14 August 2015