on 26 July 2014
Ah, now THIS is the story collection I was thinking of! I read the first Naughty Little Sister volume a few days back, thinking it was this one, and was undecided if I liked it, but this volume of stories was an absolute delight.

The stories in this seem to be set a couple years after the ones in the first volume, and as I had hoped, NLS has grown up and into her good qualities. The brattiness has been toned down, while her fierce intelligence, curiosity, lateral thinking and charisma all remain. Highlights of the stories for me were the Get-Well Box that Mrs Cocoa Jones brought round when NLS had measles, and the Mayor's Party where NLS' fancy Indian muslin dress kept her from having fun - until she came up with an ingenious solution.

(Fun fact: I had several Indian muslin dresses for parties as a kid that I was very proud of and wanted to show off to everyone I met, and I always thought they were called Indian Muslim dresses. We live in an area with a high Asian population, and I could never understand why I drew hoots and giggles every time I showed off my dress and knickerbockers when on my way to a garden party.)

All in all, this was a delightful read - every bit as charming as I remembered.
on 6 July 2014
My Naughty Little Sister is such a great character. I read or had read all the books to me as a child and loved them. It was so nice to read about normal, mischievous children instead if good ones!
I read the books to my own children and have just bought this book for my four year old niece.
The Cross Spotty Child in this book was a particular favourite. When My Naughty Little Sister gets ill with the measles, kind Mrs Cocoa Jones comes round with a special box......as a child you just wish and wish you had a Get Well box like that. My own children and I tried to recreate it....but it wasn't the same!
I would recommend these lovely tales and the other Naughty Little Sister books to anyone with children....they are just the right length to read aloud for a bedtime story.
on 7 December 2010
My 5 years old daughter loves these books. She loves when we read them to her. Gets really into them. They are really well written and even I surprise myself wanting to read her another chapter. It takes you back to how it would have been living in England in the 30's and 40's which is when I imagine these stories happened.
on 15 May 2013
I love reading the book because it is really fun and nice to read . It is lovely with all the illustrations being well drawn. I like it because it is nice to read as my school reading book. It reminds me about my naughty big sister, who is all ways getting into trouble.
on 25 July 2013
A brilliant book. I grew up listening to these stories on audio tape and loved them. Now both my children love these stories too. They are easy to read, so well written and they so accurately depict childhood.
on 28 August 2012
My daughter has really enjoyed these stories being read to her my wife used to have these stories read to her when she was a child
on 23 April 2014
All good, my 5 year old loved this book , finished on a weekend, service and delivery was good and excellent value 4 money
on 20 October 2013
My granddaughter is only 5 but my neice suggested these books, so I bought some whilst In England to put away for her.
on 18 July 2015
It's not the best kids book, but my daughters like the concept
on 14 August 2015