• 0.4
  • Customer reviews

on 16 August 2013
I had high expectations about this book from the beginning. Whether it was the reviews on the store or the awards the book had been up for - it all lead me here and I stand very pleased.

This book was a beautiful twist on a simple idea, leading to an original and amazing read. Everything from the format to the characters were original and had me hanging on every page in hopes to find out the fate of the characters.

It was not what I expected - it was so much better.
on 24 January 2012
This book is soooo clever... This is the first "science fiction" style book I have read and it was just fantastic. Just the right about of excitement, and shock factor without being far too creeped out...I read it far too fast though.... The style of writing is superb. The author has so much imagination, and I loved the charactors. I usually read books by female authors, but I'm so glad I read this, brill, just brill!!
on 3 May 2014
im not going to recount the plot, im just going to say that this was one of the most absorbing books i have read for ages and it kept me intrigued right upto the very end, so much so that i downloaded the sequel straight away. this is a fantastic new spin on an ages old question and it's really quite terrifying, i really wouldnt want to be 0.4. read it and you'll see what i mean. excellent. terrific. fascinating.
on 20 February 2012
I bought this book after it flagged up as a recommendation on my Amazon homepage and I'm really glad I took a chance. It's a well written, engrossing story that manages to be idiosyncratic and yet totally immersive and thoroughly enjoyable.

In 0.4 Mike Lancaster has written a cult classic.
on 10 November 2012
This certainly is a book with a difference. There's the mystery of who is actually telling the story and why he's telling it, who can sometimes be heard in the background of the recordings, and what on earth happened to all the people! Fabby dabby doo, I say!
on 3 July 2014
Very well written story, which is straightforward but because of the writer's skill it is a delight to read. It is a short story easy to read over two days and well worth it due to the high standard of writing. A new twist on alien invasion.
on 20 April 2013
Loved the premise and thought it was really interesting.
I guess I just wish there had been a little more of it, I recommend for a short read to get you thinking - this won't keep you busy for hours on end though!
on 2 March 2013
I absolutely loved this book! The idea its based on is so original and fascinating. If you enjoy the ideal behind the `Matrix` then you will enjoy reading this.
on 7 February 2016
This is a really well thought out plot line. Love this book. The story line has always stuck with me. Possibly one of my favourite reads.
on 9 August 2013
Gripped me from the start. Seems like teenage fiction but I'm long way from my teens and enjoyed it a lot. Will read sequel.