on 1 June 2017
As good as all the rest of the series, Billy William 3rd is a star! Ow!

My kids loved this, and I loved reading it to them
on 13 May 2013
Love Mr Gum books, love hating Mr Gum with the other amazing colourful characters. This is our 7th book and dreading finishing the series. My 10 yr old son insists I read them with all the funny voices my voice has really suffered & I've had to tone the accents down! Brill fun adventure stories with humour that makes us belly laugh 'The truth is a lemon meringue ' read them they're good
on 25 June 2010
Kara Hodgson aged 10- I read books 1-5 in one weekend!! Loved them all, my Mum has bought me the next 2 so I read the first 5 over again- saving the other 2 for my holiday- cannot wait!!

Love Alan Taylor!! bring back ginger crumbs :-)
on 14 July 2010
Another hilarious adventure from Andy Stanton, with Dave Tazzyman's anarchic illustrations. This time, Old Granny declares the "The old ways are back!", but who is lurking in the forest, trying to control the villagers of Lamonic Bibber? Regular readers will guess that Mr Gum is at the bottom of it all, and it's up to Polly and her friends to come to the rescue. My six year old particularly enjoyed "The burp duet" (which had us both in stitches.)
on 6 April 2014
My 10 year old daughter Loves these books. At the end of every chapter you just want to keep reading.
on 10 November 2010
The ONLY children's books I actually look forward to reading with my 7 year old. Another hilarious, clever adventure for Polly and her friends. The only problem with Mr Gum books is that they're not long enough, they should be Harry Potter size to satisfy our family of fans. I bought this for my youngest but found my other two (10 and 14) creeping in to listen at bed time. Wonderful.
on 6 May 2011
Bought this for my 9 year old who can be fussy about what he'll read. Mr Gum however is without a doubt his favorite. Cherry Tree doesn't disappoint, with enough crazy shenanigans to keep both my boys entertained and laughing out loud each time it's re-read. There is no sound like it, boys giggling away over a good book, this is definitely a series worth holding on to.
on 8 November 2011
We (7 year old, 5 year old and mum/dad) moved on to this after reading the previous 6 Mr Gum books and thoroughly enjoyed it. The quality of the writing is excellent and the humour is offbeat and wonderful. Our 5 year old misses a few of the jokes and references but it is spot on for the older one (and for mum and dad). Very much looking forward to Book 8.
on 12 February 2013
it is a very funny book it is amazing Andy Stanton should be very proud of this book I love Mr Gum and this might just be the best book ever I have also got three of the audio books which are read by Andy Stanton blimy he has done brilliant and by the way Mr Gum is hallairias funny stuff yours sincerely Owen George
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2010
I've read all the Mr Gum books and ordered this one ages ago when I noticed on amazon it was coming out. I meant to save it for a gloomy moment. I read it anyway. I wouldn't have thought anything Andy Stanton (or anyone) could write would be any funnier than What's For Dinner, Mr Gum? (my previous favourite). But this is! Turn to page 43, or page 95... or any other page, really. If you order this book now (it's Wednesday), happiness can be yours by the weekend! This man is a genius.