TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 May 2013
I purchased this for my son, who is Winnie the Pooh mad. The book I actually got was second hand and I am so glad I paid a 1p + postage rather than full price! The windows in the book I thought may reference whats on the next page, but it does not. The illustrations are good, but the story is so short. When I read it slowly to my son, I have finished in less than 30 seconds! There is maybe a line or two per page, and only I assume the description of having 12 pages includes the inside of the back and front of the book. I was very disappointed with this. The story wasn't great. Seems like it was something thrown together, and having the big cuts in the page means that the illustrations are primarily trees and the characters are small for the size book it is. It could have been such a better book. I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you're a collector of everything winnie the pooh. Its not great or practical.
on 6 May 2014
A very sweet book that was perfect for my young nieces. I introduced them to Pooh sticks when we went on a walk in the woods and dropped sticks from the bridge over the stream. So they understood the story in the book and love reading it and looking through the central cut out.
on 14 May 2014
This isn't War and Peace by any means, but it's not supposed to be. My son loves peeking through to the next page and the illustrations are lovely and non-American (for any other Whinnie The Pooh purists out there). A good buy.
on 20 December 2010
We got this book for our 18 month old daughter and she simply loves it. Its a hardback of superb quality and she simply adores the different sized pages inside. Highly recommended!
on 8 January 2014
My two year old grandson loved this Winnie the pooh book. I am looking forward to taking him out in the Spring to play Pooh sticks over a bridge.
on 25 May 2011
I bought this book for my 18 month old daughter who loves both books and bears and although the production is nice, with the thick pages and cut out holes that let you peek through to the next pages (the individual pages are not actually different sizes as another reviewer said and I'd therefore expected), the 'storyline' was weak - it didn't live up to the lovely title and certainly didn't hold my daughter's interest at all like other books, even when I tried to talk to her about the pictures. Perhaps it would be better for an older child, but because the 'story' is a bit of a let down, I can't see it being one of those books they would come back to again and again. A shame, because it looks lovely on here and the other reviews were encouraging - I suppose it's just one of those times it would have helped to have been able to flick through the book before I bought it.
on 23 September 2014
Great garnaddaughter loves this little book.
on 16 February 2011
This book was bought as a birthday present for a two year old girl who loves Winnie-the-Pooh. A great little board book - good value and made more interesting with the windows and different sized pages.
on 8 July 2015
My grandsons favourite book
on 20 December 2014
Great classic for children.