Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 May 2017
My granddaughter just loves Enid blyton and this collection makes it affordable as a treat we can both share each evening
on 12 May 2017
This book is loved by my granddaughter, it arrived in plenty of time, thank you. I definitely recommend this seller
on 3 December 2015
My 10 year old loved the faraway tree when I read it to her and she loves this one too. The chapters are just the right length for me to read her at bedtime.
on 25 June 2017
Memories of childhood for a new generation
on 16 May 2017
my 6 year old and i love reading this together.
on 20 October 2010
I used to love Enid Blyton as a child and I have loved reading these stories to my own children (aged 3 and 6). The Wishing Chair stories have captured their imaginations.They really enjoy these stories and always want 'another chapter' whenever I read this to them.
The only reason I have given it 4 not 5 stars is that it isn't quite as good as the Faraway Tree books
on 13 January 2011
Lovely, lovely stories for children! They were written in the 1930's so very old fashioned but i think it does children of today good to read these kind of stories. Don't get me wrong, we are a huge, huge fan of harry potter but you need something a bit light hearted sometimes and this book fits the bill perfectly.
on 14 March 2012
Great book, my 8 year old daughter loves it. I would recommend to any child around that age, boy or girl. x
on 6 April 2017
Bought this as a present for someone as my own daughter absolutely loved this story as when she was a small child.
on 2 August 2006
My grandmother read this book to me as a child - the copy she owned belonged to my auntie when she was little. I bought a copy to read to young cousins recently. It brought back many fond memories, and I was delighted that they were as excited as I was by the stories, despite the language being somewhat dated now! Enid Blyton seems to get a bad press these days, but her stories are enchanting, and have far better values than more contemporary children's literature. I hope this book continues to be popular. It would be very sad if future generations missed out on these wonderful tales.