Customer reviews

on 13 August 2016
Bought this as a joke present for my boyfriend for his birthday as he can never remember anything! Made us both laugh reading it - got to love Mr Men and Little Misses!
on 6 November 2016
A great book exactly what my Grandson wanted and looks good
on 8 May 2015
..... is a goose asleep in the rain?!

Poor Mr. Forgetful, he really cannot remember anything. When he gets up of a morning, he walks into his closet thinking it is the bathroom! When in the Post Office, Mrs. Parcel has to remind him what it is that he has come in for. However his biggest embarrassment comes when, on his way home, the local policeman asks him to give Farmer Fields a message that one of his sheep is loose in the lane. Even though he repeats the message to himself several times, poor Mr. Forgetful forgets it when he finally finds Farmer Fields and tells him there is a goose asleep in the rain. Farmer Fields does not own a goose so is baffled as to what Mr. Forgetful means.

How does the 'mystery' get solved? Read this delightful and amusing story to your child and enjoy!
on 7 December 2011
The story is really cute and my 3 year old daughter loves reading it over and over again! Although the Little Miss and Mr. Men are simple stories there are some difficult words in these books, but children can still grasp the overall meaning of the story and enrich their vocabulary. I am a big fan of these books and always read them in my Kindergarten class.
on 22 April 2012
Items arrived within 2 days of me ordering them, and my grandson thinks they are fabulous. So much in fact he is anxiously waiting for me to order more of the books in the Mr Men series
on 13 June 2013
I love this story even more than my son. It was one of the first things that we really had a good laugh over. All praise to the Mr. Men Books.
on 19 August 2013
Mr Forgetful is a dark story about the minds frailties in later life.
Our central character lives in a large detached house with landscaped parkland grounds in which Mr Forgetful lives by himself, no doubt a rich past preceded this lonely existence but this was many years before. We find our hero in a desperate state of affairs. After waking, He can't find his bathroom and walks into his wardrobe instead, its not spelt out to the reader but one can only assume this is where Mr Forgetful relieves himself.
Like many other dementia sufferers Mr Forgetful is acutely unaware of his nutritional requirements and proceeds to burn his toast and hard boil his eggs on a daily basis, the author alludes to the likelihood that neither option is seriously considered by our hero and he goes without, how he hasn't burnt his house down in the process is not investigated or considered a possibility by the cold blooded Hargreaves.
So we beg the question:
Who is looking out for this guy ?
Is Mrs Parcel from the post office? No she just laughs at Forgetfuls vagarities.
What about Farmer Fields who himself has absent mindlessly (possibly another suffering with the affliction) let one of his sheep escape? does He care about the loose cannon 'Forgetful'? Not a jot! He calls him a
'Goose' , preferring To mock and play Down his handicap.
So the novel ends on a depressing note, with the knowledge that Mr Forgetfuls strife can only get worse with age, or
Is this a red herring? Look closely and you will see that the beautiful house and grounds are in immaculate order, someone, somewhere 'cares'.
on 29 October 2013
Hilarious. Really enjoyed reading this story to sons 5 and 8. The illustrations seem more alive too, when lit by the kindle.
on 30 July 2013
This is the funniest of all of the Mr Men series and still makes me laugh more than 30 years after I first read it.
on 5 November 2014