Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 February 2015
Great book. Shows that the enemy can also be a friend. Shows that even those, who are considered monsters , still are human and have feelings. Shows that not every German was a true Nazi. Shows that there was a little light , even in the darkest of times in history.
Short book , but powerful.
Must read.
on 30 May 2016
We loved this book for our World War 2 topic giving a possible experience of evacuees in the UK. Great suspense which the children loved and the irony of enemies supporting each other during times of war.
on 24 April 2014
I love Michael Morpurgo and recommned him to my Year 6 class every year. I read Friend or Foe to my class when we were learning about WW2. I bought this copy for my nephew who is currently in Year 3. I think it'll be a good one for him to read with his parents.
on 6 February 2015
I loved the emotion in the writing. It was like it was actually real. When we read it everyone was filled with passion as well as a desire to cry. It creates a lot of questions and the answers are not always what you expect.

Would you help your enemy?

This book is suitable for 7 and up
on 14 May 2014
This is such a superb book, Michael Murpurgo did such a fantastic job, the quality is superb, just like all Michael Murpurgo books!
on 22 June 2017
My ten year old son loved this. He's doing WW2 at school and this fitted the bill perfectly.
on 5 June 2017
grand daughter loves it
on 21 December 2013
Great story and settings, wonderfully written by a great author. He always delivers all the characters in great detail. That's why it's a joy to read. I would recommend this book to all readers of short stories.lindasmouton@Gmail
on 5 June 2017