on 27 January 2016
Fantastic read for all ages. Easy reading.
on 27 August 2017
Kept kids aged 9-13 thoroughly engrossed on a three hour car journey. They'll be hearing the rest on the next one.
on 26 April 2017
Great read for a nine year old - her and her classmates loved it.
on 23 September 2017
Very good
on 27 December 2011
Little House on the Prairie

Super value. I ordered this for Christmas in early December. It arrived with plenty of time to spare! I can't wait for my daughter to fall in love with this book, the way I did when I was a kid.
on 23 April 2004
My daughter who has just read this book and is absolutely crazy about it. She is nearly 6 and loves the book in the same way I remember loving it asa child. The way of living is so different, so hard, I think it isfascinating for her. She has been reading more typical books, but theseseem to have grabbed her attention in a way that modern books can't, thereis so much information entwined with the story. She has now startedreading 'Little House in the Big Woods' to her teacher's surprise but istotally engrossed in it.
on 30 June 2011
I bought this audio book for my daughters who are 6 and 7 years old. They listened to the first cd a couple of times before they fully tuned in to it and were eager to move to the next cd and find out what happened. It looks into instances of the life of a family between arriving and building their house on the prairie and moving on some time later. The story is narrated through the eyes of one of the daughters, Laura. The narrator reads in a very expressive voice and in a regional American accent which help convey the atmosphere of the story and keep the attention. The story unfolds slowly and with beautiful language and detailed descriptions that, as my daughters say, help you make pictures in your mind. My girls thoroughly enjoy listening to this audio book and I would warmly recommend it.
When I was a child, I had the entire series of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Books. My babysitter at the time, gave me her set. I was careful to loan out the books one at a time to friends I knew would cherish them as much as I did.

I started giving these books to my grandchild, and at first we read them together, then she started reading them on her own. Now, we watch the old television series together, and it brings back memories of our days reading together. We both love the television series as much as we do the books, they portray the life as it was. Maybe not as primitive, but certainly as children , they accept the hard work and the limited income the Wilder's have. This family is a superb e ample if a hapoy family, their ups and downs, and they have many, and the manger in which the family faces each obstacle. An excellent example of a true family life.

Recommended. prisrob7-19-15
on 24 January 2007
These stories are fascinating. When I was little I watched the series on television; loved every single episode, and now that I'm older I enjoy the stories, scenery depictions and sentiment in a whole different way, still remembering the impression the books made on me as a child.

My oldest son is 5 years old, and this book has not only provided hours of entertainment, but also helped him understand history, development and differences between now & the past.

The illustrations are not very vivid, however we are just starting to read these type of books, and the story is fascinating enough that the boys keep up without pictures.

In addition, most childrens' books we have seem to be about boys, and the fact that this story is told by a girl, seems to add to the broadening of my boy's mind.
on 15 September 2017
I was disappointed that the book wasn't cloth bound, it was a shiny cover. The pages aren't cut in a straight line, which makes them look a bit messy. The spine is a bit ripped on one end. I like the story itself, I was just a bit disappointed as I was looking for a nice edition.