on 14 October 2014
Beautifully read and a revelation of the life of people at that time. Although written for children it will appeal to adults just as much. We listened to it on a long family car journey and we all loved it. An amazing true story.
on 16 October 2014
Very interesting little book about the first settlers in America, and gives a great insight into all they had to overcome and how the family survived on so little and kept so cheerful. I look forward to reading the sequels.
on 3 January 2013
A very good price for a book that was delivered on time and was in perfect condition. I bought it as a Christmas gift for someone and they will be coming back to Amazon to buy the other books in the series.
on 6 June 2010
Delivery from Amazon was excellent. I am looking for books to capture the interest of my 9 year old daughter. She is not just reading for fun yet. She's been loving this classic about frontier life!
on 28 July 2013
A fantastic, matter of fact account of days past. The simplicity of the story telling is what makes this book such an accessible charm. All of these (little house) books are proving an enjoyable treat.
on 15 February 2014
This is the second book in the series that I'm starting to collect, and read again. I'm glad to have found it online as the books had such a good influence on me and my children .
on 6 January 2013
As always, its the struggle facing the pioneers that captures hearts .My granchildren are enjoying this timeless story the same as i did when first had the book read to me.
on 23 June 2015
While on holiday I bought all 3 books and as my husband enjoyed a coffee or beer I was reading and reading. I had never read the books as a child and certainly found out what I was missing. I then read Little House to my class of 8/9 year olds, and like me they hung on every word. The book describes a way of life they cannot imagine. Laura uses simple direct language to let us feel all her fears and loves. The readers of the group went on to read Big Wood and Plum Creek on their own.
on 11 January 2013
I can't put it down! The stories are all-American with a simplicity of writing style that only makes for more pleasurable reading.
on 1 July 2014
An eye opener even for an adult to gain an insight into how hard life was for those early pioneers.