Showing 1-10 of 961 reviews(5 star). See all 1,189 reviews
on 20 July 2017
Reading these to my 3 year old and she is really getting in to them and as someone who read them as a child i am enjoying them again too.

Yes some of the writing does seem old fashioned or out of date but they still capture a childs imagination and encourage it. We now a faraway tree in our town according to my child and she loves drawing pictures of Joe, Beth and Frannie.

At bedtime she gets the book and likes to hear of the adventures with Moonface, Silky and Saucepan Man and we have to read at least a chapter.

Would definetely recommend. Our family have all read them from my dad at school in the 50s to me in the 70s my sister in the 80s my neice in the 00s and now my daughter at 3. I am sure she will enjoy reading them herself when she is older.
on 28 February 2016
I was pleased that the seller added photos and a clear description- it made it much easier to see exactly what I was buying as there are a lot of different editions. The copy I received is from Budget books, 1984 and has a 'Happy time books' logo on the cover. It is a generous size at almost A4 size and is a hard cover which has a blue background with a framed colour section depicting the children sat in the faraway tree.
I am so pleased to report that this edition has the original names; Jo, Bessie, Fanny and Dick. I read this magical story as a child and it has stayed with me for years. The illustrations are by Georgina Hargreaves and are exquisite, they really enhance and work with the story to create the most idyllic bed time story. So pleased with my purchase- thanks to the seller and Amazon.
on 17 June 2017
This the second book in the series of "The Enchanted Wood" and is just as fun as the first one. My niece and I love reading it together, making different voices for Moon-Face and all the dwellers of The Magic Faraway Tree. A wonderful occasion for celebrating family reading and fun.
on 8 November 2017
I read these books as a child and throughout my life could never pass a tree without wondering if it had a magic land at the top.
A definite must for all children and adults as it really does make one happy to believe that life can be so magic.
A good offer to combine the three books and make it affordable for us all.
on 20 October 2017
I remember absolutely adoring this trilogy as a child, so bought a copy for my 8 year old daughter. She enjoyed it immensely and hardly put it down, wanting to talk about the lands and characters with me. Fantastic that Enid blyton can still capture imaginations.
on 12 May 2016
my favourite book of all time and I wanted my 5 year old granddaughter to fall in love with it as I did at that age and even though the language is a little dated she is loving it. It also helps with expanding her vocabulary as there are lots of words that people rarely use these days but she is enthralled by it.
on 14 October 2017
I’m pretty sure the author was either suffering from the effects of lsd or had a leave of absence when penning this book, either way it’s a work of genius and impossible to put down!

I’d recommend this book for all ages, give it a read, you’ll love it
on 25 June 2017
Absolutely brilliant books. My mum read these to me as a child and I loved them. Now aged 29 I've read them to my 6yr old son. We both loved every chapter and had so much fun reading it and talking about the story. It is abit dated but it's still the best book for children by far.
on 1 August 2017
I bought The Enchanted Wood (The Magic Faraway Tree) for my young nephew. He absolutely loved it. There is no one quite like Enid
Blyton for weaving a beautiful, magical story for little children. It was a 'used' book, in excellent condition, so I would not hesitate to use
this seller again.
on 25 December 2015
Three books worth of faraway tree stories in one, and still lots of magical fun for the kids. It is probably easier nowadays to read about Joe, Beth, Frannie and Rick, rather than the original Jo, Bessie, Fanny and Dick, although it still manages to declare things to be "queer" much more often than you'd think possible. The kids were oblivious though, and just loved all the characters and the rapid pace of adventures.