on 19 February 2016
If only life were this good. There are some breathtakingly cringeful moments in all these books, but they still give me a warm glow when I re-read them (in my 50s). Everything is so simple, right and wrong are so clear, and whether someone is honest or not can be discovered by whether their eyes are close-set or not. If only life were so straightforward. Lots of fun, and a real trip down memory lane.
on 5 September 2017
Excellent!
on 11 April 2016
this made up the set for my grand daughter
on 9 August 2017
Retro read for a pressie and they loved it!!
on 13 June 2017
. best book ever
. Love it
. The very best
on 20 March 2006
This book is amazing, I had it given to me at about the age of seven, read it several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've just found out they are being re-released this year and as I am now 18, I'm buying the whole set for my younger sister who is almost eight. Perfect for adults and children. Fabulous!
on 18 February 2016
I probably have changed my style of reading since i read these books but when i was into them i was really into them.

This series of booms are really happy little books i feel like everyone is happy when i read these books. If you are into old fashioned books and Anne of Green Gables style reafing then you will love these books.

Fully recommended to girls ( not trying to be sexist but it is set in a girls school so there are basically 0 boys in the story!!) probably aged 7-11, 7 if they are at a rather high standard of reading ability.

Enjoy your reading!
on 6 June 2005
There has been a great debate, and rightly so, of the relevance of Enid Blyton to a multi-class, multi-cultural Britain. I first read this book when I was 11 years old - 35 years ago. I come from a hard working, respectable working class family in East London. Nothing could be further from my world than a group of posh girls setting off for boarding school to take part in japes etc etc. However - I loved it - my fantasy world with Darrell, Felicity and co. My best friend preferred the St Clair's books and she had a similar background to mine.
I can honestly say that I probably felt free to enjoy all the Malory Towers books comfortable in the knowledge that my parents would never be in the position to send me off to boarding school. I am sure that the series would seem pretty irrelevant to many young girls now, probably just a good trip back to the days of Bunty and Judy for those of us who are now smiling while reading this review.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2009
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter and myself to read together at bedtime. I read this series of books fervantly as a young child and looked forward to sharing the experience with my daughter. Lucy's point of view was the same as mine at 7, in that she couldn't wait to read the next book and we are now just about to start the third. She loved the boarding school setting and begged to be read extra every night. I have to admit though being somewhat shocked at how boring I found these books and also how 'beastly' some of the girls were (to coin a phrase!). It's amazing how you change over the years.
However I am grading this as 5 star as Lucy loved it and it is after all aimed at her age group not boring old ***** like myself!
on 27 November 2016
I've always been a fan of enid blyton, and malory towers is a great example of her fantastic writting skills. It is full of adventure, fun and the exciting things Darell and her friends get up to. I recomend for children 7+ who love stories about school girls. The whole series is brilliant. Read it now!!!