Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2015
"It was so good that my eyes popped out." Said my 6 year old son. He feels proud to have finished reading such a long book. He laughed out loud at many of the funny happenings and pictures. I remember reading Flat Stanley when I was little and it's still relevant and brilliant.
on 28 February 2014
As a whole year 3 group we have been using the book Flat Stanley to help with our literacy work.
We found this book very interesting because it included lots of different adventures.
We really liked the part where his brother could not get under the door and kept banging his head!!!
We found the part where Stanley had to dress up like Little Bo Peep very FUNNY!
We would recommend this book to any other schools or class who would want to read this.
We are scoring this book 9 out of 10.
Year 3 at Holliers Walk Primary
The first in the Stanley Lambchop series has him turned flat when squashed by a bulletin board! This leads to several hilarious adventures, the best in my son's opinion when he is 'hung' in an art gallery to catch robbers. However, this is only the first and there are many more books to explore. Start with this one though - still fresh so many years after it was first published.
on 1 December 2014
This is a classic book for children; I read it many times to my young classes when I was a teacher and they enjoyed it hugely , it appeals to their imagination and his adventures are so amusing. Highly recommend it.
Been trying to find books for our 6 year old to read himself - but frankly he found this too quick a read and not that interesting! He was better with a proper book with chapters - like the Magic Faraway tree.
on 2 January 2014
This was a great buy for my two grandchildren. I bought it for that part of Christmas Day that happens before bedtime and they loved it so much that when they were leaving next day they wanted to know would I allow them to bring it with them. Would definitely recommend it. It's an unusual story, well told and easy to read for very young readers and easy to understand for younger folk who can't read yet.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 October 2015
I remember this fondly as a book I enjoyed reading immensely myself when I was a newly confident reader, decades ago. Now I get the chance to share it with my son, only just learning his letters and sounds, but a keen listener.

The American setting and slightly old-fashioned era don’t matter the slightest - my four-year-old had wide open eyes as soon as Stanley is squeezed flat by his noticeboard. He loved Stanley’s adventures helping his family, trying to stop his brother from feeling jealous, and attempting to foil two art thieves with a cunning plan.

A classic story for children, I never read the others in the series, but have ordered them now!

This is an easy read of two bedtime’s-worth of time for a parent, and despite a few moments of parental hoity-toity (“hay is for horses, Arthur!”) the language is accessible for young children and not too tricky for those reading by themselves.

It is arranged as one long story though (chapters or at least gaps between time periods would be useful for choosing places to break), but I found it easy enough to find appropriate places to put a bookmark in.

A great story about brothers, family, being different, and having imaginative adventures!
on 2 August 2012
great story about a boy who is flattened in the night and has some adventures. My 5 1/2 year old loved it, loved the illustrations and was pleased as I didn't realise a Kindle would show images. Great classic story from my childhood which I am pleased to share with my son
on 20 May 2011
Flat Stanley is about a boy, called Stanley, who got squashed by a board whilst he was asleep in his bed. He was squashed flat like a pancake! We liked it when he pretended to be a picture and caught the robbers at the museum. When he was a kite Flat Stanley flew gracefully but later he got stuck in a tree! We think Flat Stanley is a hero because he got his Mum's ring from down the drain. Bluebell Class liked it best when Flat Stanley got put in an envelope and posted to another country.

The only think that would make this book better would be big, colourful pictures.

Year 1 Bluebell Class, Sybourn Primary School, Walthamstow
on 16 October 2000
It was a pleasure to read this book to my son. Stanely got up to so many exciting things which any young boy would love to do. A true classic.