on 8 December 2005
Having bought this book for my son, who loves helicopters, I found it has a glaring and irritating mistake, which is repeated half a dozen times. "I'm Harold", said the helicopter. "With my wonderful wings, I can fly like a bird!.." Ouch. It didn't detract my son from enjoying the story, a modern take on the hare and the tortoise, which also features Percy. I've since subsituted 'wings' for 'rotor' in my telling of the story, lucky my son can't read yet...
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2009
My son who loves Thomas and infact all trains, now also loves helicopters and planes. This book covers all bases with lots of pictures of helicopters, airfields and planes and it a nice little story. Percy and the Firemans song won't be a top download but it's a nice addition to the story.
on 17 November 2006
Its a book of the Thomas/Railway engines series for small children.

However, in disagreement with the previoous reviewer, helicopters do have wings. They are "rotary wing aircraft".
on 2 November 2014
My sons fav book. It's the same one you get in the thomas the tank library set, which is great as it means the set can stay nice until my littleone is old enough to look after his books.
on 17 June 2008
I seem alone in my intense dislike of Thomas and his irritating friends conjured up by some bored reverend trainspotter. The stories are all badly written and often have rather unpleasant "morals" behind them, such as endlessly competing against others, teasing, insulting, gloating, being rude, etc. OK, I sound like Mother Grundy here, but I prefer my kids to learn positive behaviour and attitudes through what they read. Unfortunately the annoying reverend obviously does something right as my son loves these damned trains, as do most other little boys.
Give me Postman Pat and Pocoyo anyday.....Thomas is banished from my house!
Oh yes, THIS one is more of the same....a race between Harold helicopter and Percy...pretty much the same story as Thomas races Bertie Bus with the names changed. (Yes, I have read them all....aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh)