Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 24 March 2010
Vaguely remember this book from when I was a boy and was delighted to find it was still in print. Actually bought it for my niece who rarely gets books for her birthdays and I wanted something special for her.
Turns out it's now her favourite story. Her mother has to read it to her once a week. Will pick up the other books in the series for her Christmas present.
on 1 May 2017
This is brilliant! My 5 year old loved it as did I. Probably my favourite of all Jill Tomlinson's books
on 5 July 2017
My friends two little boys love this book
on 25 March 2009
All of these stories are excellent. My 5 year old loves them to listen to at bedtime. They are beautifully told by Maureen Lipman. I definitely recommend.
on 18 May 2017
My Grandaughter loves these books.
on 7 January 2011
This was a Stocking present for my 6 year old and he loved the story. They are well written and great for car journeys- highly recommended.
on 18 December 2012
got this for my seven year old, its a lovely book, perfect bedtime reading, good print size. I highly recomend it.
on 15 July 2013
This book is great! Go on a exiting journey with Hilda (a well written character) as she gets into trouble. Will she ever get to meet her auntie's chicks?how many attempts will it take?...... Read it and find out!

I would recommend this book to all ages
on 27 December 2013
a lovely looking book/story, I'm sure my 6 year old Grandaughter will love it, I have bought her a few other books by the author Jill Tomlinson which she loves
on 23 February 2015
LOVE this book! Every page is a delight. My girls, aged 7 and 5, begged for more, laughed, squealed and were kept well entertained while I read. Brilliant!