on 30 May 2016
I have read the Owl Who Was afraid of the Dark with my Year 2 children, and that book is one of my all time favourite children's stories. I am a primary school teacher, and so was keen to use this book for my year 2 children, however it disappoints on many levels. The plot is virtually non-existent, the characters are shallow and my kids became bored very quickly. There are some interesting facts about gorillas entered into the text via cursory comments. If you have not read The Owl WHo was Afraid of the Dark, then you really should. It is suitable, in my opinion for kids up to 11, but avoid this book and don't let it put you off this author.
on 3 October 2016
My kids absolutely love this book! We also bought "The owl who was afraid of the dark" Perfect for bedtime, as the chapters are not too long. They are now asking me to buy more by Jill Tomlinson.
on 12 May 2013
My son loves Jill Tominsons books! She is a great author. This book about the gorilla who wants to be just like his dad like many boys! So they can relate to it.
on 22 January 2015
Great book for my grandson. Fun and educational. He reads them over and over and never gets tired of them. I love it also!
on 3 January 2014
The book was from "Santa" and was a gorilla obsessed 5y.o. The storyline so far has captivated him before bed and is the right kind of gentle plot for a bed time story. The 8 y.o. also enjoys listening in to find out what happens next to pongo and da, ma and whoopsie.
on 28 August 2011
This is a lovely story for children. Bought it for my grandson who is reading full length stories now. The story is amusing and fun. It arrived well within delivery time, nicely packaged and in good condition.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 February 2016
Product as described
on 25 November 2015
Good book with a lesson
on 13 June 2012
Of all the books in this series that we own, this is the one which is loved and re-read the most. Recommended.
on 6 January 2013
I purchased this at Christmas for my grandson then age 8 and he really enjoyed reading this well written book.