on 11 July 2016
This is great value for money my children ages 2 and 4 are always getting invited to parties and fairly often I don't know the child well to buy gifts for so think this is perfect and most children like books and it come with a nice toy related to the story. My children have recieved a few of these this one and differant ones and they are always a big hit and I fine them reacting the story with the toy which is nice.
I think for a small gift to take to a party its brilliant nice amd easy to wrap and if anything like my children it's well recieved.
on 25 March 2016
Fantastic value. Bought when reduced to £5. The spider toy really brings the story to life for pre-schoolers. The story is entertaining and one we return to. My little one carried the book and spider around with her for days. We even had to tuck both the book and the spider up in bed with her.

It would also make a lovely little gift.
on 20 September 2013
This has been a favourite for my girls (now aged 3 yrs and 18 months) for a long time. My youngest now says 'arrrgh!' in a comedy way whenever she sees a spider! It's a fun book which makes a great gift. I read one review which talked about it being sexist (the mum in the story is the one doing the cleaning, the cooking, the shopping) but in our house that's me and I do all those things. I can understand why some might make the point though, although I wouldn't have noticed it until someone said it. All in all, a fun book!
on 17 July 2017
Well, obviously, this book is not for me, given that I'm a grown-up! It was for my little niece and she loved it, so I love it. :)
on 10 August 2017
Our two year old grandson absolutely loves this book. It has become his favourite, he loves saying aaarrrggghhh spider.
on 5 November 2017
It's good. My children like it and it's well illustrated.
on 4 June 2017
A truly wonderful story. Such fun. A real joy to read and share with your little ones.
on 22 October 2012
This book is really funny, original and imaginatively illustrated. It is one of the best modern children's books I have come across. My 20-month old daughter loved it straight away, and has been wandering around the house going 'ah bider!', which she thinks is hilarious. I expect it will be a favourite in our house for years to come.

One slight niggle - I would agree with a previous reviewer that it reinforces gender stereotypes in a way which could easily have been avoided. But the book is so good otherwise that I can forgive that.
on 14 January 2016
Lovely set. The spider is a good size. Shame the book doesn't have sparkly pages, as the hardback copy does, but still a lovely gift set.
on 31 July 2017
I love this book, very funny