on 12 March 2014
Ha! So, we have plenty of Miffy books, and the kids like them. 4 year old especially. This is the first book of the series, and explains how Miffy came into this world ---spoiler alert--- it involves an angel visiting Miffys parents. By coincidence, the book arrived the same day that we had told our daughters that we were expecting our third. We'd given them a more accurate description of how the baby got to be in Mummys tummy, so this led to a whole lot more questions!
on 15 January 2008
My daughter loves this book because she loves everything with Miffy on it. I was disappointed though and felt that there was no story and that more could have been done to explore the format. It felt as if a series of pictures had been chosen and stuck together for the sake of another book.
on 10 June 2014
The whole family always (and still does) enjoy the Dick Bruna classics. I grew up with Miffy and it's nice now that my children can too! They make reading fun. My 2.5 year old now recalls each page from memory before I've even read it to her!
on 3 July 2014
Quite a cute story. My 2 and 4 yr olds listened well to this...makes a change from the usual julia donaldson etc. A calm story for bedtime which is a perfect length. A good introduction to Miffy, I am sure we will be buying more.
on 13 September 2013
My 12-month old granddaughter has been read Miffy books since birth, by her Mummy & Daddy, so she recognised Miffy straight away. As it is a substantial board book and she can sit and turn pages, it is perfect for her. The lack of a coherent story is irrelevant for her age - she just loves seeing the pictures and turning the pages and feeling the 'touchy' bits!
on 26 June 2014
I was warned about the arrival of the angel but I didn't realise it would be so twee. Two whole pages in a book which is all about the pictures. I remember as a kid I thought the angel was a dead baby. But Dick Bruna's pictures are so enchanting I never cared, so I don't think it will affect your child's enjoyment of it. My son has loved these books since he was 6 months old, which says something!
on 5 April 2014
This book has always been a favourite with my grandchildren. It's a "friendly" story with lovely illustrations for very young children -as are all the other Miffy stories. At last the wait is over for the release of this first Miffy story.
on 10 December 2011
Bought this for Granddaughter, as my son loved it and it is just as we remember. Came quickly and is a lovely present
on 28 February 2013
Overly Christian, overly saccharine - not at all good for any progressive thinking family. Not what you remembered from your childhood.
on 9 September 2010
This book doesn't feature Miffy until near the end, so it wasn't what I was expecting. The bright, bold pictures are as cute as ever, but the storyline seems a bit outdated. There are better Miffy books out there.