on 29 December 2015
With a toddler (2yo) who is utterly obsessed with trains, Brio, Thomas the tank engine and Hiro this was an obvious purchase. He's in love with it which is all that matters, right?

No, sadly, it isn't. I've a number of issues with this that would deter me from recommending it:
1 - there's a lot of plastic on it
2 - construction is a bit shoddy, the coal in the second carriage is coming off
3 - (and this is the biggie) it doesn't fit under either the wooden Brio bridge or the plastic Thomas the TE 'Wooden train set' bridge. This is a pain, as the aforementioned toddler gets massively fumrustrated by this, rendering it more or less unusable.

Real shame, the other Thomas trains all fit under (just) both bridges, why this is taller is beyond me.

If he wasn't so in love with the actual model this would be going straight back.

Whilst on the subject of the Thomas wooden train set, I get that they're all different manufacturers, but whilst IKEA, Brio, Big Jigs and John Lewis all manage to have the same dimensions for their track pieces, the Thomas ones are ALL slightly taller, and the straight ones are all slightly shorter. Which is a pain.
on 18 December 2013
Bought at the same time as Percy (the green one) and keeps our grandson pleasantly occupied for ages. Fits perfectly on the Brio track. Yet another Thomas the Tank Engine generation has begun in our family.
on 3 February 2016
This was purchased for my nephew for his birthday.

All the Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway are built to a good standard replicating the characters seen in the Thomas & Friends TV show. I personally couldn't tell the difference between the different trains, i thought all the blue ones were Thomas. My Nephew has hours of fun playing with all the characters and the train set.

######
Overall
######
If you are a parent, uncle or aunt you can't go wrong with these as a birthday present or Christmas present for any budding Fat/Thin controller (I have to say that as these days there is a Thin Controller and Ringo Star is no longer the narrator). I just can't get over the price of these toys, they are made of wood.
on 3 February 2016
This was purchased for my nephew for his birthday.

######
Overall
######
on 7 September 2016
I had only seen the principal image (where the character has lines under the eyes) and thought it looked great, but received one which is like the subsequent image of the item shown in packaging. It really has an inferior look and the face is poorly rendered, just thinly printed and disproportionately small in comparison to the character seen on TV.

The item must have been changed/substituted at some point, so I felt this was misleading as the one in the main image you see when searching & opening product details is not what was sent.
on 20 April 2017
This was just as described and my granddaughter is enjoying using it.
on 23 October 2016
This is a lovely little train and a perfect addition to any wooden train set (or as a standalone toy!)

The quality is excellent and my son loves playing with this on both his train track and also by itself when we are out.... As it has to come everywhere with us!!
on 18 September 2010
My husband has gotten my daughter into Thomas the Tank Engine, She loves it in all the forms possible. Audio Books, DvD, her trains and now in the form of these beautiful and lovely to handle books. She is only 3, and still she listens intently when she is read to. She knows many parts of these books off by heart and is still grabbing them off the shelf to be read to her at every opportunity.

In this book in particular, she recognises Henry is left in the tunnel never to come out again and repeats the rhyme word for word. Then when Gordon thinks Henry is laughing at him broken down near the tunnel she says "But he isn't really laughing, because he doesn't have any steam"

Such a joy in my daughter, who is following the emotions of the trains. That I often find myself listening to the stories in the car, when she isn't even there with me, and I could have long ago turned it back to the radio.

We are still buying our collection of these original Thomas books.
on 28 January 2016
This item was purchased as a present for my nephew. He loves the Thomas and Friends toys. He is making quite a large collection for his toy box and is obsessed by Bill and Ben, in fact he kept repeating their name for around 45 minutes when he was presented with Bill and Ben.

These are good quality toys which should prove indestructible for a while.

I would recommend these for any child. Works well as a present.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 December 2014
Picked this up as Diesel has become a particular favourite with my son.

It's a nice rendition of Diesel for the wooden railway (compatible with Brio, BigJigs etc), fits well, suitable for joining onto other wooden railway trains etc.

Not got a huge amount of detail other than the face - all the other detail apart from the cab is just painted lines on the side. However, it is generally a bit cheaper than some of the other Thomas models, so I guess that is reflected fairly in the price.

In summary, recommended