Top Contributor: LegoHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 April 2013
My six year old daughter loves the Naughty Little Sister books and I think this volume is her favourite, where the Naughty Little Sister teams up with her close friend Bad Harry in some of the stories. Of course, these books do seem a little dated now - I had to explain why in "Granny's wash day" it took the entire day to do the washing for example, but the differences add to the charm of the stories. There is much that children will still understand and relate to; not wanting to eat their crusts, having to be quiet at formal occasions, decorating the church at Christmas are all things they will probably be familiar with. My daughter's favourite story is the one where the two naughty children go to the library and are as good as gold - until it is discovered that they have found a real mouse in a little hole in the wall. These are lovely books which make ideal bedtime or read-alone stories. I used to love them as a child and I think they should be on every child's bookshelf.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2013
Why do children love hearing stories of other children misbehaving? I'm not sure but I remember loving these stories as a child (especially "Crusts"... A novel way of disposing of those pesky things!) and now my boys of 4 and 7 are enjoying them too. I bought the book wondering whether my boys would take to the old fashioned stories of a naughty little girl but I need not have worried. The charming stories and illustrations of everyday events such as going to the library or wash day are perfect to be read alone by a child 7 plus, and the narrative voice that draws the listener in, and short length of each story make them ideal to read aloud too. Enjoy!
on 22 August 2017
Excellent book in the naughty series. My six year old granddaughter loves them and they are a great asset to enhance her reading skills
on 25 February 2016
I loved this book as a child - my mother read it to my own little sister - and my children loved it when I read it to them. I recently bought it as a birthday persent for my great nephew, who also loves books. Dorothy Edwards has a real knack for writing to young children and this is a classic.
on 10 June 2017
Bought as a bedtime book to keep in our home for our granddaughter's visits. She loves My Naughty Little Sister stories, only downside is that she loves them so much she likes to read her favourite stories aloud to us so we hear the same stories over and over again - hence the need for a new book!
on 1 June 2013
I bought these for my daughter and they are a firm favourite. She is forever telling me what the 2 naughty children are getting up to! I bought 'My naughty little sister' cd at same time. I read them as a child and the stories obvious don't age!
on 31 July 2013
The price was good. The book was entirely appropriate for the purpose for which it was intended. Yet again, I giftd this to a friend's grandchild (together with the others) to the delight of the child's mother. I have recommended Amazon to them.
on 22 April 2015
My 6 yr old daughter, 3 and 5 yr sons all love listening to these stories they make me laugh too.
on 5 November 2012
These stories are quite old-fashioned, a bit like listening to Enid Blyton with references to "wash houses" etc but still lovely charming stories that boys as well as girls would enjoy.
on 14 August 2010
my daughter used to listen to this when she was little and loved it now 20+ years on my granddaughter loves it too it takes her away from the tv and lets her make her own image of what is happening.