on 15 March 2017
Great book for biologists of any kind. It surely helped me during my bachelors, it continued being an important tool during my masters and as I am now entering my PhD it will still be my right arm, I'm sure. The fact that it describes how to perform different statistical analysis in different programs really makes it the best option out there.
on 2 April 2013
I bought this book to help with my dissertation statistics for an ecological study. We were taught stats as part of our degree but by the time you come to independently conducting them on your own dataset with little help this book is a must-have!

It has a useful key to figure out what kind of tests to use for different data types with good example datasets which you can easily relate to your own. It also tells you about what each different tests show, their assumptions and more and then describes how to conduct the tests in SPSS, Minitab, R and excel (where possible for each), after which it illustrates the outputs from each software package and how to interpret them!

Brilliant book which has increased my understanding of stats tenfold!
on 8 June 2017
Brilliant book for anyone trying to wrap their heads stats for the first time. It has a questionnaire-like section to help you work out what stats analysis you should perform and also explains each one very well in my opinion. The glossary at the back is also particularly helpful. A must-have for any student studying a biology-related subject.
on 17 December 2012
Very easy to follow, with screen shots for each of the programmes that can be used for each test.
It explains when to use each test, sorted into logical sections such as "finding correlations". If that still doesn't really help with which test to use, it does a worked example of each, so you can see which set of data is similar to yours.
It came recommended from one of our lecturers, and it was a brilliant choice! I wouldn't have known where to start with finding a book about it, and would probably have made do with googling answers, but I am so glad I have it now, it has been VERY useful!!
on 25 May 2017
As expected and arrived promptly. A relay useful guide if you need to use statistics for science.
on 8 March 2017
Great for 1st & 2nd year university level statistics (biology). Less useful in 3rd & 4th year.
on 16 March 2018
Perfect
on 4 November 2017
Currently in second year of my biology BSc, works a charm - gives useful information on statistical analysis and how to carry it out on several different kinds of software (including SPSS). Highly recommend this book.
on 30 September 2014
I bought this book on a whim as I am a complete statistical novice and wanted advice on which test to use and how to do it. This book does just that, although it is much better if you are familiar with more than just excel, it complements a beginner or statistical improver regardless of the background for which the test it required. It is a must in every laboratory!
on 29 November 2014
I have dyscalculia and I bought this for help with my degree as I couldn't understand the maths involved! It helped me so much and it's still my go to if I get confused!