on 13 October 2015
This book is a must if your a roofing joiner, pocket size for on site and a breeze to use (little bit of math involved) but clear instructions on how to use. I've had one for years and have just bought this updated version, never let me down yet.
on 16 April 2013
This is a great little book. It will fit in your glove box so you can stick it in the van and use it for reference.

It is very clear and concise and easy to understand. It details calculations to work out where to cut your birdsmouth and the overall length of rafter.

Well worth getting a copy.
on 12 March 2009
I'd always steered away from traditional cut roofs as a rule, and left it to them who know what they are doing, But was told to do some this year and was to say the least abit daunted by the thought of it but, together with a little bit of past experience and this little gem things have turned out very well , Informative and helpful I can say I would have been lost without it .....
on 11 January 2012
My husband has been using his old copy of Goss Roofing Ready Reckoner for years and it is worn out. He was pleased to find the same version to replace it.
on 16 August 2010
I'm a time served carpenter, and have been trading for over 11 years now, during this time I have framed a countless amount of cut roofs, with the use of a framing square, I bought this book purely out of curiousity, within 5 minutes I started to notice mistakes, not major mistakes but mistakes non the less, e.g pg.52

20 degree pitch
common rafter seat 20 degree
ridge 70 degree if you where to cut the ridge ( plumb cut) at 70 degree this would give you a 70 degree pitch and not a 20 degree pitch as desired. this mistake follows onto hips ect. ect.
Its kinda funny as it the fourth edition (revised)
once you keep this in mind the tables are ok, though there are plenty of faster and easier ways to get your rafter lengths. In all if your just starting out don't do much roofing and don't need to cut any irregular hips ect. this book would do I guess.
P.S
I would suggest roof framers bible if your looking for a proper little tables book, irregular included.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2013
Excellent book, always was. This copy I purchased because I could not find my original one which I bought as an apprentice more than thirty years ago.
on 4 February 2013
Brilliant book, bought to relace an older version. Must have book if you do any roofing - wouldn't be without it. Arrived really quickly.
on 3 June 2010
Does what it says on the tin . . . . . my husband was well pleased with this little book. Thanks.
on 14 November 2014
very easy way to work things out and easy to understand makes it a doddle to work through your angles and calcs and cutting positions
on 9 October 2014
Just what I needed lost mine needed to pitch a roof in two days and received just before job start perfect thanks