Customer reviews

on 17 July 2015
Extremely good book on metamorphic and igneous petrology highly recommended.
on 2 September 2011
This is a very good undergraduate level textbook with a strong emphasis on igneous, metamorphic and geodynamic processes. It includes discussions on recent research (at point of publishing), classic examples and good quality images that communicate to the reader clearly the concept/example being explained.

My only regret when using it as a student was that I hadn't bought it earlier - it would have been useful as supplementary reading on some of the courses I was doing. The writing was very clear and easy to follow and when straying beyond taught aspects of my courses I found the chapters covering these aspects to be very useful, balanced introductions to the subjects.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 November 2004
I bought this book to start with while doing my A Level geology and used it for slight aspects due to it went into too much depth for A Level, although i did use it for my A2 coursework.
Now that I'm at university its a recommended text and well worth the investment i made at A Level. It covers everything you need to know in a clear and concise manner with case studies in the book.
Well worth the investment.
10 people found this helpful