on 10 December 2011
I must disclose my bias at the outset: I very much admire Mark McIntosh's take on Spirituality and Theology in his other books which are quite unashamedly addressed at an academic rather than a general audience. This interesting introduction to the whole subject area of theology hopefully will make his particular vision available to a wider audience. Standard theological primer it is not (and there are of course many good primers published elsewhere). What McIntosh tries to do (and succeeds in my opinion) is to convey to someone new to the subject why it is worth doing theology at all. In doing this he lets us share some of the enthusiasm the theologian gets to feel for his subject with the aim of encouraging us all to join in.

Why, given my enthusiasm, do I limit the review to four stars? The unusual approach may not suit everyone. I thought it creative and interesting, a fact appropriately signalled by the interesting graphics on the cover. If that works for you, it's really actually worth six stars!
on 11 March 2015
Brilliant book on doing theology
on 8 November 2015
A very good introduction.