Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2010
The activities in this book are extremely useful as a supplement for a course that I m obliged to teach with. The activites add a useful 5-15 minutes of in which students can practice grammar, function, conversation and grammar. With the minimum of fuss and without the distracting use of paper the lessons are quickly adaptable and have the added of advantage of taking students away from the book. This book has improved my lessons immeasurably. Highly recommended
on 20 September 2017
Excellent book for quick warm ups or whole lesson activities.. most activities don't require any preparation so you can just open the book and pick something as you go.. very useful!
on 5 June 2017
Still using it.
on 29 August 2017
This is a real treasure for all English teachers!
on 28 August 2017
Great book! Great Service.
on 7 August 2017
Fantastic in every way.
on 11 January 2011
Very good book, gives you plenty of ideas esp. when you are stuck for what to do for the next 15 mins. Happy with the purchase. I use it mainly for my ESOL class and do most of the speaking activities.
on 23 September 2010
I just received the book. Wow. It's not too often I actually get excited to try out a book. I own several hundred EFL textbooks, reference books, grammar books, etc. - this is definitely going to be one of the most used. Whether you need a last minute filler, an intro activity or an activity to reinforce a current topic, this book has it. All the activities are geared to promote classroom discussion and interaction. The content is divided into four sections: Conversation, Functions, Grammar, Vocabulary - covering hundreds of topics.

So far, I have told every colleague I know about the book. I still don't know why there had not been more buzz about this book. It should be on every teacher's book shelf. Cudos to the authors.
on 26 January 2012
For some reason, I imagined this book to be a lot bigger than it actually was. Nevertheless, after reading through it, discovered that it's still full of fun, quick activities for various age-groups and levels. The size of the book has become an advantage for me as it means that I can now carry it around with me in my bag! :-)
on 29 August 2011
This is a brilliant book. I recently passed my TEFL qualification and managed to secure a teaching job here in the UK for the summer. I was pretty nervous as it was private tutoring for a company and basically they just gave me the address of my student and sent me on my way...I had never taught before. They recommended this book to me and I am so glad they did because it is perfect. Every activity is easy to do and explained clearly so even the novice teacher can walk in to the classroom feeling fully prepared. The activities are good for testing whether your students have understood what you have taught and they add an element of fun to the lesson that I feel would have been missing had I not purchased this book.
Worth every penny! And I imagine it would be a good buy even for the more experienced teacher as it makes lesson planning a breeze!