Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2017
Perfect for my 5year old grandson
on 30 December 2009
My own children and children in my class at school really enjoyed this story, identifying with the main character. I need a constant supply of stories that will keep my youngest son interested in reading. I love the twist in the story at the end. A great read for 5 - 7 year olds.
on 16 January 2014
Well written with huge appeal to both boys and girls. My 4 & 5 year old grandchildren listened in silence and really related to the story. My 5 year old grandson already loves football and goes to football skills training. His younger sister usually gets bored watching him but after reading this book with me and other relatives she announced I can play football too Grandma. Highly recommended.
on 23 November 2013
Was a bit disappointed when I received this. Would have liked a hardback cover. However, the story is quite nice and will appeal to a young boy into football. As it was bought as a Christmas present, I don't know yet what the recipient thinks of it. Despite its price, it's only a short story and a thin book and I felt it necessary to buy something else to go with it.
on 29 October 2009
A good book for small children interested in football - I bought it for a school library
on 12 January 2011
My son absolutely adores this book. He loves football and loves the story. Age 6, he can also read the story himself and takes himself off to bed to read it. Cannot rate it highly enough. Made him excited about reading as well as football. He is thrilled that he can read it himself.
on 24 February 2014
bought this for my grandson who is 5, he loves football, and this book is fun reading for him as he goes football training, the book tells similar things which he does himself at training, it's a good enjoyable book to read, for him and me
on 11 April 2011
This book is a funny story of a boy that goes football crazy ! It is suitable for very young readers and has nice pictures in it to look at!
on 12 December 2013
A family football story for very young children. Little girls as well, who have a football mad brother will be able to relate and laugh.
on 27 May 2014
fab story for the little ones esp as the world cup is about to start. both boys and girls in the room enjoyed it.