Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 December 2004
Another great Rod Campbell book! I have given it 5 stars even though it borrows heavily from "Dear Zoo" and "My Presents".
Colourful, clear illustrations to appeal to toddlers, and good sturdy construction to withstand their manhandling. My best Christmassy buy for my 15 month old daughter.
on 8 July 2007
Money for old rope is the expression that springs to mind. Rod Campbell has a real niche in the lift-the-flap book market. His books have generally been very popular in our house so I ordered this to add to the collection.

Each page has a gift-wrapped flap with a picture of a present underneath. There is a small amount of text describing the present. If it wasn't for the illustrations of Christmas wrapping paper I would have thought I was re-reading "My Presents" which is fairly tedious to begin with.

Still, the children like it. It adds a small amount of variety when it's brought out in December with the other Christmas stories.
on 15 January 2016
After having Dear Zoo as a favourite in our house, as soon as I saw this book I knew I had to purchase it.

This was my childs favourite book over Christmas. He loved the pictures, the story and the fun flaps.

At the age of 3, he was able to learn this book off by heart and still in January he is asking us if we can read him the book over and over again.

Smashing book for any Dear Zoo lovers.
on 9 February 2016
The story, well there isn't really a story, I didn't know what was inside but it was lift the flap and christmas so I went ahead and brought it. each page is for eg. santa brought me a (lift up flap, see a kite) but it was too big so santa brought me a....next page. The end is disappointing though for adults****spolier alert*** santa buys them a kitten, which is soft and fluffy but not a good message to the kids getting a pet for Christmas.

All said and done my son, 15 months old, loved this book and it quickly became is 1st or 2nd favourite book to pick out, so I can't give it any less stars.
on 18 January 2016
Not quite as engaging for my 1 year old as Dear Zoo. Probably due to some of the presents being more geared to older kids e.g Kite, mask. Still a fun book for him to play with with the flaps and clear pictures. Will try it again in the lead up to next xmas!
on 8 October 2015
Simple book with few words. Lift the flaps to reveal the different presents throughout the story. Very sturdy board book and excellent value. I will be using this throughout December to bring the seasonal excitement into our home.
on 7 December 2014
We're big Rod Campbell fans in this house - dear zoo and oh dear! are firm favourites, and this festive-themed version didn't fail to disappoint.

A great book to read to toddlers in the run-up to christmas.
on 8 January 2012
The two little boys I bought these books for loved them. They were pre-Christmas presents to keep them occupied whilst their mummies were busy preparing for Christmas after the children's usual activities had finished for the holidays. Apparently, they love the other books by Rod Campbell, too!
on 27 October 2014
Love this book! My children both enjoyed this and also "Dear Zoo" which we were given. It is a lift the flap book and my boys never tired of it. They would probably even still read it now at 6 and nearly 10.
on 15 December 2015
Purchased as a Secret Santa gift for works kids event. Everything looks fine packaging wise. Not sure about items as I don't have children myself but for other staff members kids so am sure that they will have a better idea once opened.