Customer reviews

on 16 January 2012
A person who has difficulties reading, found this easy to use book, a comfort and blessing in times of need and felt it was a gift to be treasured (that's God's word for you).

It has an insightful index that helps one find Scriptures, that are appropriate to ones need or to the subjects listed.

It is also a good way of introducing some Scriptures to someone new to Christianity or to those that wish to explore, without being too overwhelming (although it really is no substitute for the Bible)

I bought and gave away several of these books as Christmas gifts and I got some positive feedback... I will be buying more again, as gifts.

Instead of writing a few comforting Scriptures in a card to someone in need, why not give them this book? It's packed with many comforting, guiding, insighful, Spirit breathed Words of Life and wisdom.

Buy it, it's a bargain and a blessing

God bless you all :-)
on 13 February 2016
This book arrived safely, securely packaged and in good condition. 'GOD'S PROMISES' is a lovely book to own. The contents will guide you to certain pages that one can easily find, with quotes from the bible that are full of help, support, and encouragement. Simply put - situations and people may fail us, but GOD'S PROMISES' provides that unique comfort which we all need. When we read sections from the bible, whether you're a Christian or not, these biblical quotes at our most needed of times, will bring you closer to knowing and understanding God. I love this book, I love what God promises me and I am sure you will too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 June 2016
Fast delivery. Happy with purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 November 2015
After purchasing a single one of these from my local bookshop, I thought to myself what a truly fantastic find! As soon as I got back home and began reading this spiritual treasure, I decided that this book of God's Promises For Your Everyday Need was so good that I just had to share the experience with others. As soon as I logged into my own personal account on Amazon, I prayed that this priceless gem would be available for me to buy online - and it was!! I knew that anyone who lives with that real, spirit-filled passion for the Lord Jesus Christ and has an equally burning desire for the written word of God, will quite simply adore a book such as this . . . . . . .
This item is extra special in every single way possible and it really does tick all the relevant boxes! The book is very light and pocket-sized, so you will always be able to carry it everywhere with you and therefore have instant access to it! What greatly surprised me about this wonderful book also, was the fact that despite its obvious size, the print was not too small and therefore, there was no straining of the eyes - ideal for me, especially as I wear reading-glasses! Whether you are at home or in the office, travelling on holiday or still at school, you can carry this with you everywhere! With a shiny and smooth burgundy background and gold writing on the front cover, it is clear that great care and attention went into the making of such a book as this! Even the price is excellent and when you purchase this little beauty, you will draw the same conclusion as me, that this product is well worth the money and an absolute bargain.
In fact, because I was so impressed with this particular book, I have decided to buy a great many more in the months ahead, not only do they make a perfect gift for all those special occasions, namely, baptisms, birthdays, christenings, Christmas, confirmations, Easter, funerals, weddings, etc. but also because as a street evangelist and God's representative on earth, I think sometimes it would be nice to give some out free to any passer-by who expresses a genuine interest. So, whatever the occasion happens to be, anyone who is seriously committed about the Christian faith, or whoever may be interested in finding out more, God's Promises For Your Everyday Need is a fantastic book to buy! Whatever your mood, this book covers a whole multitude of real-life scenarios, specifically designed to help you keep focused on God at all times, no matter what life brings to you personally, or to others around you!
One final point that I must make, is that all the scriptural references contained inside this book are taken from the New King James Bible.
on 4 February 2011
I found this little gem while browsing at an airport in New York. I was looking for something small and inspirational and I wasn't disappointed in this book. I have since bought several copies from Amazon to arm my friends. Every scripture you will need for every situation you will ever encounter is in this little power packed book.
on 7 February 2015
This book is truly invaluable .... Whatever you are feeling or going through Gods Promises has the answers you need right away. If you are feeling angry, hurt, vulnerable there is a scripture for you that is quick and easy to access and saves many post it notes in your bible. its a truly beautiful book that offers a lot more than keep calm and carry on !
on 18 December 2010
Wonderful book all the prayers or words of encouragement you need for every situation at hand, especially if you cannot remember where you read a particular
verse, this book is helpful for all our needs as the word of God provides.
on 18 February 2013
I love this book so much as it has a scripture for every query concern, and comforts every emotion because its easy to locate, and its a great gift for anyone who wants to grow closer to God and its Gods spirit speaking to you.
on 5 January 2015
I keep this book handy at all times. Often a blessing, and an encouragement. Sometimes a challenge, BUT never dull. It's great to see so many of God's wonderful promises in one volum, and even better to remember that God is so faithful to them all. Thank You Lord!
on 27 December 2012
Not too small or too big in size.
Lots of relevant information. Every born again christian should have one. Good.