Customer reviews

Mastering Advanced English Language (Palgrave Master Series)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 October 2016
A sensibly organised book. At the end of each chapter on language variation (e.g. dialects, a profession) it gives pointers for 'what to look for' - this is an invaluable study aid. Exercises throughout e.g. on grammar. An important A level Language companion.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2012
They say that knowledge is power, and that true power comes from confidence and control of the dangerous and the complex.
With this book, power is easily acheived. It is clear, concise and provides wonderful way to discover and memorize the true joys of the English language. A must read for all English Lingustics & Language Students!
4 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2017
I can't praise this book enough. An excellent buy to get me through A level English language.
on 11 July 2016
Really helped with my AQA a level in English language. Owe a lot to this book for getting an A. Thanks a lot!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 March 2014
I study linguistics in university, and this book is the equivalence of a bible for my course. I know it will refer it over and over again after I graduate as well. It takes you step by step, going from noun-phrases, to clauses, to language of different texts (i.e. advertising, newspaper, religion, politics, etc.). It is also great for comparing written text to spoken text.

Anyone who is studying language, teaching ESL or interested in the English language, this is a must-have.
on 10 December 2017
Exactly what my son needed for college great fast delivery
on 31 October 2015
Excellent A Level guide. Full of knowledge. Great reference book.
on 4 September 2015
Excellent.
on 1 February 2016
Essential for students and teachers alike. Comprehensive and exceptionally well written.
on 6 January 2010
Cant review it myself. This is used by my daugher for her A levels English. She says it is great - so I'll give it 5 stars.
One person found this helpful