Customer reviews

on 13 January 2012
This was recommended to me via a fitness/weight loss blog I read and it did not disappoint. Hilary is candid about her life experiences as a woman with a 'fat ass' and her quest to try to lose weight and succeed on the LA dating scene while trying to make it as a comedian/writer.

It starts with Hilary discovering that her ex has written a book that calls her fat and catalogues their relationship in a way that isn't very positive, all couched as a fiction book. To combat this - and defend herself - Hilary decided to write about her life in an open way, truthfully, and without pretending (as her ex appeared to do) that these things happened to fictional characters - it is her life told as she saw it.

The stories are hilarious, but written in a sweet and often self-depriciating way. Always with total honesty. It is an enjoyable read for anyone who has ever been called fat by an ex or who has ever struggled with their weight or dating. Highly recommended.
on 22 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It's a light-hearted, funny book with lots of amusing tales from the authors life. I read this in one go, I just couldn't seem to put it down! I found the author very relatable, and I even recommended my boyfriend read it - although this book appeals more to women, I feel sure that any men that read this would also enjoy Hilary's charming and witty writing.
on 29 July 2013
Very few books really make you laugh put loud, this is one of them! Lots of short, amusing anecdotes - I really enjoyed this.
on 24 September 2015
Well-written, funny, and - because she's honest - also quite sad.