on 10 August 2010
This is a useful book if you're interested in learning how to read the leaves,which is covered indepth in the second part of the book-including a large directory of symbols you might see,although I feel it important to mention that symbols are personal things to each individual so you should always follow your intuition first.A 'cat' in my cup won't mean the same to me as it might to somone else-I always think of them as good luck rather than the traditional meaning of deceit.
I did find the first part of the book,which covers tea history,tea ceremonies,types of tea etc,abit heavy going in places and may bore some people,although the quizzes were fun and I learned that orange pekoe is actually a grade of tea rather than an actual type of tea (Not knowing this,I had always wanted to try it,thinking it would have a lovely orange flavour!).
There are better books out there ('The complete guide to tea leaf reading' by helen farley or 'simply tea leaf reading' by jacqueline towers are very good)but overall this is great for the price and gives you all you need to know to start reading your cups.
on 5 March 2014
I had a book that was not returned & I am trying to replace it. This book was very informative about the history of tea; but poor on diagrams of tea leaf reading; which the title suggested
on 10 August 2012
great condition arrived on time a long waited gift for my tea leaf reading mother she has been making it up for years!