on 28 December 2006
If you always skip the "Easy" and "Medium" sections of Kakuro books, this is the book for you.

250 puzzles, all as hard as (or harder than) the hardest puzzles in other "from easy to hard" Kakuro books.

The only bad thing about this book is that all the puzzles are at about the same difficulty level. Having some "extra hard" and "impossibly hard" would be even more fun.

Even so, being able to have fun from the first puzzle more than makes up for this.
on 20 April 2017
Will keep me going for months
on 19 December 2007
The level of this book of Conceptis puzzles is probably somewhere between the Conceptis Green Belt and Brown Belt books. Like most of my experience of things badged 'Mensa', this book seems designed to make Mensa members and wannabe Mensa members feel good about themselves, but in reality these puzzles aren't hard enough to live up to the Mensa superintelligent image. That said, the puzzles are excellent, never running out of logic. Just don't be fooled by the title.
on 26 November 2007
I was recommended this book by a reviewer of another kakuro book on Amazon and it certainly is what it suggests. I agree with the previous reviewer for the most part but I have found that the level does vary enough to provide interest and variety.

I don't really want to do impossibly hard puzzles......these are hard enough for me. They're also bigger than the average puzzle and so take more time to complete. I'm nearly half way through the book and still thoroughly enjoying the puzzles, and plenty to go yet.

Thoroughly recommended for real fans.
on 9 June 2015
A good test of the little grey cells.
on 1 December 2009
This book is a good challenge for more advanced kakuro puzzlers. I liked it because I could still work out the answers without having to guess as is often the way with more advanced puzzles.
on 19 August 2012
The book is good value with lots of puzzles (250). I have previously bought the "Martial Arts" green, brown and black belt series of books so have gained quite a lot of experience in solving them. With is in mind I am hoping that the puzzles in this book will get more challenging as, so far the first 50 have been fairly easy.
Good but not as good as Black Belt!!!!!!!!!
on 17 January 2012
I have done the first 50 or so puzzles. It takes me about 20 minutes to solve them. Due to the size of the puzzles that is quite short and I don't think they are as tough as they could be. Still, a nice book with good quality paper
on 3 September 2014
I took note of previous comments and ordered this book ( I was fed up of the easy puzzles you usually find at the start of other types of puzzle books) the early puzzles in this book are difficult but manageable, but it's going to take me some time to work through this book and if they get harder as the book progresses well ...
on 18 February 2010
I bought a selection of Kakuro books for my mother and this is the one she raves about. There are no waste-of-space easy puzzles, and none which are too difficult. This is a great book for the experienced kakuro solver who likes just enough of a challenge.