on 20 March 2003
I first read White Fang when I was 8 years old by nicking it from my uncle and since then, i.e. 20 years later, I have read it at least 50 times.
This is a truly sensational masterpiece. The way London describes the ever-lasting struggle for survival, the dangers present in true life along with the deep feelings and emotions of a half-wolf, is overwhelming.
By the end of the book, you realise that have falen in love with white fang and want him to be yours.
I most certainly recommend this book to all children and also grown ups. read this book once and then you will realise that London was a genius, who truly understood the human nature. In this book, London illustrates the different natures of human being: love, hatred, greed, vengence, justice, etc.
This is a book for all ages and I assure you that if you look beyond the dog and human masks, you'll never regret having read this book and you most certainly won't consider it a waste of time.
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2017
Spare book for the grandchildren to read when at our house
on 20 August 2017
Exactly as advertised. Arrived promptly.
on 6 August 2014
First read it many years ago as a schoolboy and was cautious as to whether I'd enjoy it the second time around (after about 50 years) and I did ! A really good yarn told through the eyes of a wolf. It held my interest throughout. Great entertainment at a super price.
on 29 March 2017
there's a reason this is a classic... Would highly recommend to everyone.
on 8 December 2015
Wonderful book, remembered from my childhood
on 22 October 2014
great read, and a really lovely edition: quality hardback, nice dust jacket, quality paper and illustrations.
on 20 November 2015
Sound read take you back in time
on 22 June 2015
Great free book
on 18 July 2017
Wonderful story told with such understanding.x