on 22 August 2008
I wanted this book for a long long time, but it felt like an indulgence to me. Eventually, finally, I gave in and told myself to get over it, and simply buy the book. I'm SO glad that I did.
It made me realise that I'm not alone in my need to surround myself with beautiful things and great images. It kind of 'gave me permission' to continue with this need for beautiful things around my work space, and told me that it wasn't a 'greedy' thing, but an entirely natural requirement of a creative mind.
Treat yourself and buy this book.
If anything, it will inspire you to continue filling your 'space' with inspirational things that inspire you to create more. For that alone, this book gets my approval.
on 19 August 2008
This book has helped me decide what I want from my craft space, it's lovely, a real feast for the eyes. Tweny-six artists studios are featured all ranging in styles, mainly vintage in theme, lots of tips from the artists themselves and lots of lovely pictures. Now I'm off to buy baskets, jars, drawers and shelves galore!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, one lady even uses her dishwasher for storage. Certainly a lovely book to keep on the coffee table!
on 18 December 2009
I bought this book partly from curiosity about other people's workspaces, partly to help solidify ideas about what to do with my own. I was not disappointed.

Many of these environments are not places I could work in - and yet they highlight your own needs quite as much as the rooms which resonate with you. The featured artists (20 or so?) work in a good selection of different media and had differing amounts of space and money available to create their workspaces.

I bought this feeling guiltily over indulgent, but the simple changes I have made to my own working environment make it worth it!
on 11 March 2010
This is a really inspirational book, I had a corner in my conservatory for my sewing room, but, since buying this book, I now have a fantastic corner in my conservatory. I now have gorgous jars filled with buttons, ribbons and threads, baskets of fabrics all very pleasing to the eye. I love the area I have created, it may be small but it inspires me to go and create. The photo's in this book are great, showing different women in there diffrent craft spaces that they have created for themselves,they also add little tips that are helpful for the reader. Fantastic book I just love it.
on 12 October 2010
It was a real peasure to open this book.The photographs are excellent,large and full of the details of each woman's creative space.Everyone is unique and reveals the personal preferences of the women interviewed.The photos are contextualised by the descriptions and quotes from the women themselves,all of whom are straightforward and practical.There are 26 creative workspaces in total created by photographers,illustrators,artists,ceramicists and designers,so the range of tools and equipment is enormous.This beautiful book will inspire and encourage you to develop your own unique space and even more importantly,to believe that you are creative.
I highly recommend this.It would make a wonderful Christmas gift for a special woman friend.
on 11 April 2009
i bought this book and i cant put it down just so interesting love it !
on 16 November 2009
Whether your craft space is a nook in the corner, a bedroom or a fully fledged studio, you will enjoy this peek into other artist's space. Gives great ideas for storage and some are a work of art on their own. So if like me you like seeing others work spaces go and indulge yourself with this book. And start reinventing your space even if its only in your imagination. This book will even have you wanting and being excited about cleaning and organizing your space!
on 10 November 2010
Great book - has changed my life,
I bought this book a year ago for ideas to do up my workroom as it was very plain, tidy and boring.

And now I have a lovely workroom full of all the things I love - which has inspired me to work better in my new work space, and most of all by just looking through this book it has also helped me to work out what style I like the best, which I now work with, as I have always made and sold mordern Dolls & Bears since 1991, I now make what I have always really loved vintage style Dolls and Bears.

And I still like to keep this book handy, as I love to re-read it when I am having a creative block.
on 19 September 2009
Overall, i liked the book. The book looks kind of last year news... but in the end you find you learned something important that will help you in your work rather that in the decoration and organization of your workspace.
on 29 May 2010
i thought i was getting a book that made me understand my little workspace better, instead i got a book about seemingly successful designers spaces ( mostly shops and studios). yes, the possibilities are numerous when one has got a house , a studio or a shop , but what about the apartment that is cramped and houses a number of people?
i am a great interior design fan and have many books about this subject, however, this book is " just okay" and in my opinion not a must have. i went through the pages in half an hour and put it on the shelf, if i seek for inspiration it won't be in this book.