on 7 September 2017
Very interesting book with lots of information about air travel and airplanes that most people don't know. I skipped some parts which I wasn't interested in as I bought it mainly to help me with my fear of flying. Rationally, I think it has helped (or will because I haven't flown since I read it) but fear of flying is irrational so who knows. Glad I read it though.
on 2 June 2017
Really interesting book if aviation is of interest so I thoroughly enjoyed soaking up
all the information contained therein which was well written
on 6 August 2017
Very good book for someone to understand the basics. Good coverage of topics and a very easy read.
on 24 May 2017
There is about 25% of this book which is engaging. The remainder is quite dull and seems to be the author's opportunity to get a few things off his chest often in quite a flippant manner.
on 14 September 2017
terrible fear of flying and reading this has given me a better understanding of flight and feel much more at ease now.
on 30 May 2017
Great
on 24 February 2015
Much more than I ever needed to know about Airline industry. Well written and presented, a very enjoyable book.
on 19 October 2013
The problem with flight in the 21st century is that the magic has gone out of it. This book addresses that. It's not just for geeks or people who want to feel a little bit more confident during turbulence - it's for those who look up and see one of the most remarkable achievements of modern man, safe flight for almost all, and want to know more. As I once heard a pilot announce after one short-haul trip in Europe, 'Next time you want to blast through the air in a pressurised aluminium tube, think of us...' Flying is astonishing, and that simple fact underpins everything in the book, whether the author is talking about the substandard service in US airlines or making the notable claim that even (proper) African airlines are safe.

I bought the Kindle version and flew through it. Even the areas where he obviously has a bit of an axe to grind - for instance the bits about career opportunities and the regional airlines in the US - he does a good enough job to keep the pages turning. On others, for instance the complaining about the incessant noise of airports and the rebranding exercises of airlines, he is either spot on or entertaining, or both.

Enjoy it next time you want to blast through the air in a pressurised aluminium tube, and don't want to take the experience for granted.
on 14 February 2014
This has helped my fear of flying immensley
Some of the book was not relevant to me but the author covered everything I needed to know about my fear of flying
I felt far calmer and can fly with out being overwhelmed by fear.
I also did not need to spend money on an expensive course.
I can recommend this for any flyer who dreads it.It explains everything you can ever be worried about.
Enjoy the read
on 15 October 2013
Interesting reading even though I am quite knowledgeable about the airline industry. The book starts being a more fun when the author starts telling about his own stories. Other chapters are quite technical and I did jump a few. There is still one thing I'd like to know about and so far I have not found it yet...but book is not finished.