Customer reviews

on 14 June 2012
Hmmm...

I enjoyed this book in the beginning I was like ok, I'm liking this then I hit 12% and the origins of the Paladins started coming out, suddenly I was thrown into the story and I couldn't put it down until the end!

I think it was the world itself that drew me in and not necessarily Roland and Karissa. Broody tortured male and innocent female is a tried and tested formula that works for a lot of people but I need a little more and Tes provided that with her intensely captivating secondary characters and intriguing world. Not everything is black and white, good or evil, there are many shades in between and I'm looking forward to exploring them as the series progresses. I don't need to be a seer to predict a promising future for the series - it's one for my keeper shelf!

I'm torn between 4 & 4.5 Stars for this one!
The last 88% I read in 85 mins...
on 7 February 2013
Hmm, not sure what to write. I didn't even remember that I had read this book until I looked at other reviews.

It follows a tried and trusted formula but has an interesting new slant on the genre, kind of Knights of the Round Table meets PNR. I just thought some of the "twists" were a bit hackneyed - but then again I didn't remember reading it!

Anyway, not shot to the top of my list of faviourite series but still enjoyable and at least the characters didn't make we want to grind my teeth - sadly a regular occurrence with a lot of PNR novels.