Customer reviews

Embrace the Highland Warrior
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 4 January 2012
I agree with the first review you must read the first book in this series before this one toget the best from the story. But what a great storyline it has some great twists and keeps you looking forward to the next part of the story all the time. Can't wait for book three and please keep the storyline this interesting.
on 4 November 2011
Before you purchase this book(and you should)please read 1st book in series. This is a great read well written. I found it very hard to put down. Can't wait until next year for book3.
on 3 July 2013
Oh Gosh where do I start, yet another fantastic book from Ms Clenney. Again I am reading it for the third time. The series just keeps getting better and better. Now we have Cody and Shay the Romeo and Juliet of the day. Poor Cody loving Shay for all those years and not being able to do anything about it, each thinking the other is to blame for Shay leaving and then Shay finding out that Cody didn't get her letters, all because of Renee, made me want to slap the girl for being heartless, and for poor Cody to find out about the baby in that way, oh my I couldn't read the book for crying. What about Shay finding out that Bree is her half sister and that she could be a warrior herself. Ms Clenney what are you doing to us poor avid readers. When are we going to see the next book.

I also want to know what happens between Jamie and Sam and how about Duncan and Sorcha. What about a mate for Cody's brothers Marcus and Lachlan. The possibilities are endless Ms Clenney, please don't leave us in the lurch too long.

PS. What has happened to Anna and who are those two captured Warriors. Please put your fans out of their misery and let us have the next instalment, soon, very soon.
on 29 September 2012
The book was written in a relaxed style, entertaining and easy to read. It is essential to read the first book in the series to understand the plot development and make sense of this one. A rollercoaster ride of highs and lows, full of beautiful, honourable men and stunning fiesty women, catalouging their trials and tribulations to find true love. It moved along at a good pace, with a reasonable amount of surprises and perhaps one too many coincidences. I found that the references to branded goods were also one too many on occasion. However, overall I found this book an easy read, it provided a plot with imaginative twists and turns, coupled with a healthy dose of paranormal romance between likeable, strong characters.
on 3 March 2012
Didn't think I was going to l like Book 1. Bought it was so cheap and needed a quick read. I was afraid it was going to be a clone of Diana Gabaldon's series but was soo wrong. I think she's got a bit of competition!!! Kept me on the edge of my seat - literally. Read until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Just bought book 2 Brilliant characters really believeable. Have highly recommended it to family and friends. Can't wait for book 3 - keep them coming.
on 6 February 2012
Agree with both comments above. There is actually a well thought through story behind this series; not just pages of sex that bore because so many authors can't seem think of a good story to fill the required number of pages. I skimmed back through the first book to recheck all the little asides to the main story line, clues, some of which are solved in book 2 but so many that aren't and are building up to make you wonder what else is going to follow.
on 2 August 2013
This may be a little misleading :) but I have read the two previous books the prequel Faelan A Highland Warrior and Awaken the Highland Warrior, Faelan I believe was written after Embrace the Highland Warrior to give some back story and I read that one first I can only say so far these books have been in my opinion awesome I am about to start Embrace and am anticipating another wonderful read, extremely well done Anita Clenney :) x
on 13 February 2014
Real enjoyed the 2 books I have read so far of this series by Anita Clenney and can't wait until the next one is out. Books full of action, romance, comedy in places and the stories were very captivating and hard to put the books down.
on 16 February 2014
Well written and a good follow-up from book one. You could even read these books on their own. Although you wonder why you would because they are well written
on 10 March 2012
another fantastic story following on from book one as another reviwer wrote its best to read in order five stars again! cant wait for the third installment